Hacking Halp

smk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, before, like months ago (some time around March) I was installing WADs just fine and everything. The last WAD I can remember that I installed was Mario Golf. I deleted that some months ago and was just recently trying to put one on. It starts to install just fine but then, it hangs at Installing Content #04... and sits there. I've had it sit there, for a 13 MB file, for 30 minutes and it didn't finish ever, I had to shut off my Wii (holding the Power button).

I'm on a 3.3U Wii (version 1, not the October update of 3.3) and am using WAD manager v1.3, the only cIOSes I have installed are 36 rev 9 and rev 10. Is there any way I can fix this issue? or at least, find out the cause? Because it installs IOSes just fine. If it matters, I have tried 2 SD Cards, one 1 GB and the other is 2 GB, no dice on either one. Also, I have redownloaded the WAD and recopied it, didn't change it.

smk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone...?
frown.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried any other wads? That symptom strongly suggests that that particular wad is corrupt. Try re-obtaining it?

smk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
Have you tried any other wads? That symptom strongly suggests that that particular wad is corrupt. Try re-obtaining it?

I have. I tried one even smaller, 13 MB, same result. I redownloaded the one that was like 40 MB and recopied it, still same result too.
frown.gif

mydarxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree w/ bdr9. It sounds like a bad WAD. Try getting it from a different source. However I'm not sure how to remove the partial install files. however if you get a "working" wad to install fully with the same title ID it should take care of itself

smk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mydarxide said:
I agree w/ bdr9. It sounds like a bad WAD. Try getting it from a different source. However I'm not sure how to remove the partial install files. however if you get a "working" wad to install fully with the same title ID it should take care of itself

I even tried one that I know worked in the past, it hangs at #04 too... =\

smk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trying to get this to work but, it isn't.

Would downgrading to 3.2U solve anything? I'm on 3.3U version 1 (again, before the October 23rd update) and WADs have always worked until now. I also have enough space to install more WADs as well, so that isn't an issue.

I installed BootMii awhile ago but, I don't think that has anything to do with it. So, does anyone have any idea why it stops mid-install for ANY game I try to install? Would CIOS Rev 9 or Rev 10 (for the USB Loader) have anything to do with it?

D

Deleted User

3.3 and installing WADs = Threat and danger.

Best thing I would suggest is downgrade to 3.2 or upgrade to 4.0, don't forget to install the latest cIOS beforehand.

smk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
3.3 and installing WADs = Threat and danger.

Best thing I would suggest is downgrade to 3.2 or upgrade to 4.0, don't forget to install the latest cIOS beforehand.

Downgrading didn't do anything. Still hangs at Installing Content.... #04.

Does anyone have any answer at all to my problem? I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY MM!!
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk