HALP! Punchout works on usb loader, but not from system menu!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sevast, May 27, 2009.

1. sevast
    OP

Newcomer sevast Member

United States
    Ok, so this is a little odd for me.

I installed starfall. I use WiiSCU to update everything while staying at 3.2u. I have an NTSC US wii that's never been upgraded beyond 3.2. I have the homebrew channel installed and use quite a few usbloaders (WANINKOKO 1.5, ultimate, etc).

I purchased NTSC US Punchout and the first thing I did was to dump it using a usb loader. I got it from Amazon. It works great, well in the usbloaders. I was using my hard drive for something else one day and wanted to play punchout so I tried it from the disk. The system menu loads the little pre game picture and music right there in the system menu. But when I click "start", all I get is a black screen lockup.

All other games work fine from disk and backuploader. I've restarted my wii, tried other games first, etc.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    use WUFE to extract the IOSes inside the disc to your SD, then install the last IOSes in the Wii with Wad Manager (IOS38 - 53 - 55), and that will make your game runs thru the Wii Menu, hence you block the updates with starfall, the game can't install the needed files (among with the SysMenu3.4 it has on it [​IMG]) to work, enjoy..!! [​IMG]

3. elmachin

Newcomer elmachin Advanced Member

United States
    can i use wiiscrubber to extract those ios also? and i dont see ios 38 with wiiscrubber

4. sevast
    OP

Newcomer sevast Member

United States
    Thanks for the good info, I'll try that tonight. So where do I find info like this--I've been looking for a couple days! Is there an ios topic somewhere I missed that talked about what ioses are needed for what games and how to install them?

Also, so why does it work in backup loader and not in the system menu? The files still aren't installed right? (this is the same wii)

5. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    no specific topic, but the question has been asked many times.

6. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    strange i have the backup working from disc channel with no probs...from the disc channel I used cios rev 11 to! (the not so stable unofficial cios from the softmii package)

7. elmachin

Newcomer elmachin Advanced Member

United States

is this what you are looking for??
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History