'Halo' TV series to premier in 2022 on Paramount+ streaming service

halo tv.jpg

Announced back in 2013 was the Halo TV series adaptation. With Steven Spielberg, Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey tied as executive producers, the series was planned to air in 2021, and around 55%-60% of its first season was already filmed last March until the pandemic shut down all production and led to a reshuffling of schedule.

The Halo TV series will now premier in Q1 2022 but instead on streaming on Showtime as originally planned, it will now be available via ViacomCBS's new Paramount+ streaming service, reports Deadline. Their report also includes a synopsis of sorts:

In the television series adaptation, starring Pablo Schreiber, Halo will take place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. The show will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future.

“It delivers the visceral excitement of playing the game, along with a much deeper emotional experience around the Spartans, human beings who got their humanity chemically and genetically altered,” David Nevins, Chief Creative Officer, CBS & Chairman and CEO, Showtime Networks, said about the series. “The story is about reclaiming what makes them human, and therefore it’s a very powerful story.

Do you look forward to how this adaptation turns out?

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool, more streaming services.
I both look forward to and dread the day someone bundles them all and recreates cable TV again. :lol:

Yeah I'll pass unless it reviews really well and they have a free trial week available when the series/season is complete.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people are complaining about them changing up characters and lore for the show, setting it in what is essentially a different timeline. I, for one, am relieved. I sure as hell wouldn't trust main canon to what amounts to a first-of-it's kind debut for the property (yes, I'm aware that there have been releases such as Nightfall, Forward Unto Dawn and a handful of others, but I'd be hard-pressed to say those count).

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Why they so focused on making movies based on games that had no real plot to begin with? What's next, call of duty movie?

The likely reason in general is because the rights holders want to make money and it’s from what I’ve heard usually easier to sell existing IP to producers than it is to create original since it has a pre-existing audience and/or proven elsewhere (hence why shows get localised remakes e.g. The Office).

In the case of Halo however, whether you think it’ any good aside, I would say the IP does have potential to work considering it’s Expanded Universe outside of the games.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Welp, officially sold on Paramount+ in a year, I guess. I’ve been waiting for this show since 2013, no way am I gonna miss it just because I don’t want a streaming service.

I’ll likely handle it the way I used to do GoT, subscribe for the few months needed to watch the show then immediately cancel after the season finale. Rinse and repeat for each season.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I want a Tetris tv show. The tension and excitement would just keep building..... :creep:
Did you see the latest episode? Don't open spoiler if you haven't
I can't believe it. L piece was ready to just do his job, but I piece swooped in and straight up DESTROYED 3 rows right in front of him. I piece is a j*rk.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Did you see the latest episode? Don't open spoiler if you haven't
I can't believe it. L piece was ready to just do his job, but I piece swooped in and straight up DESTROYED 3 rows right in front of him. I piece is a j*rk.
T piece is my favorite character, the spin arc may be a bit long, but it is so worth it

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: