1. 1,453

Front-page
    halo tv.jpg

Announced back in 2013 was the Halo TV series adaptation. With Steven Spielberg, Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey tied as executive producers, the series was planned to air in 2021, and around 55%-60% of its first season was already filmed last March until the pandemic shut down all production and led to a reshuffling of schedule.

The Halo TV series will now premier in Q1 2022 but instead on streaming on Showtime as originally planned, it will now be available via ViacomCBS's new Paramount+ streaming service, reports Deadline. Their report also includes a synopsis of sorts:

“It delivers the visceral excitement of playing the game, along with a much deeper emotional experience around the Spartans, human beings who got their humanity chemically and genetically altered,” David Nevins, Chief Creative Officer, CBS & Chairman and CEO, Showtime Networks, said about the series. “The story is about reclaiming what makes them human, and therefore it’s a very powerful story.

Do you look forward to how this adaptation turns out?

:arrow: SOURCE

2. Discussion (20 replies)

3. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    Oh cool, more streaming services.

Will it be also on Xbox, or is TV TV TV not their focus anymore?

Last edited by Edgarska, Feb 25, 2021
  4. neotank19

neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sensing a drama, with plenty of flashbacks. That said, I will check it out. The halo franchise has some cool lore in it.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  5. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Why they so focused on making movies based on games that had no real plot to begin with? What's next, call of duty movie?

xXxSwagnemitexXx and Xzi like this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I both look forward to and dread the day someone bundles them all and recreates cable TV again. :lol:

Yeah I'll pass unless it reviews really well and they have a free trial week available when the series/season is complete.

7. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox fox-ott

United States
    A lot of people are complaining about them changing up characters and lore for the show, setting it in what is essentially a different timeline. I, for one, am relieved. I sure as hell wouldn't trust main canon to what amounts to a first-of-it's kind debut for the property (yes, I'm aware that there have been releases such as Nightfall, Forward Unto Dawn and a handful of others, but I'd be hard-pressed to say those count).

8. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Addict

The likely reason in general is because the rights holders want to make money and it’s from what I’ve heard usually easier to sell existing IP to producers than it is to create original since it has a pre-existing audience and/or proven elsewhere (hence why shows get localised remakes e.g. The Office).

In the case of Halo however, whether you think it’ any good aside, I would say the IP does have potential to work considering it’s Expanded Universe outside of the games.

xXxSwagnemitexXx and duwen like this.
  9. RyRyIV

RyRyIV GDDM
    Reviewer

United States
    Welp, officially sold on Paramount+ in a year, I guess. I’ve been waiting for this show since 2013, no way am I gonna miss it just because I don’t want a streaming service.

I’ll likely handle it the way I used to do GoT, subscribe for the few months needed to watch the show then immediately cancel after the season finale. Rinse and repeat for each season.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    not to say that this will be any good, but it seems like you have to pay for a ton of different, streaming services just to see your favorite shows. cable is almost irrelevant now.

11. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No real plot? Have you even played Halo? Just because it's a fps does not mean it has no plot or story.

12. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    If it is any good then might watch it whenever it comes my way. Can't say I am yearning to see Halo done as a TV show though.

13. Hexalform

Hexalform Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If anything, the Halo universe has too much plot xD

14. Lazyt

Lazyt GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    another streaming service?

15. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Who asked for this service?

16. Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy HEY YOU GUYS!

United Kingdom
    I want a Tetris tv show. The tension and excitement would just keep building..... :creep:

17. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Did you see the latest episode? Don't open spoiler if you haven't
    I can't believe it. L piece was ready to just do his job, but I piece swooped in and straight up DESTROYED 3 rows right in front of him. I piece is a j*rk.

18. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    T piece is my favorite character, the spin arc may be a bit long, but it is so worth it

banjo2 likes this.
  19. Hexalform

Hexalform Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can you believe they are making a puyo puyo spinoff because of it? Jeez, talk about a money grab.

20. hotwhelz2005

hotwhelz2005 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Paramount + is just CBS All-Access renamed is you sign up for CBS right now for a year and use promo code paramountplus you get it %50 off so its like $30 for the year.

21. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Preferred the short film myself

Lostbhoy and banjo2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Paramount+, streaming, premier