Halo TV Series To Begin Production In 2019

halo tv.PNG

We've heard of the Halo TV series for a while now but little was known about when or if the series will actually go into production. In a news post yesterday, Xbox Wire stated that SHOWTIME has ordered a 10-episode season based on the legendary video game franchise.

In its adaptation for SHOWTIME, Halo (working title) will take place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Kyle Killen (Awake) will serve as executive producer, writer and showrunner. Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will direct multiple episodes and also executive produce the hour-long series which enters production in early 2019.

Halo is our most ambitious series ever, and we expect audiences who have been anticipating it for years to be thoroughly rewarded,” said SHOWTIME president and CEO David Nevins. “In the history of television, there simply has never been enough great science fiction. Kyle Killen’s scripts are thrilling, expansive and provocative, Rupert Wyatt is a wonderful, world-building director, and their vision of Halo will enthrall fans of the game while also drawing the uninitiated into a world of complex characters that populate this unique universe.”

“This is a truly exciting moment for the Halo franchise,” stated Kiki Wolfkill, head of Halo Transmedia at 343 Industries. “Together with our creative and production partners at SHOWTIME and Amblin Television, the Halo television series will represent new and exciting way for fans to enter and engage with the Halo universe. We can’t wait to share more on what’s ahead.”

Halo will be executive produced by Killen, Wyatt and Scott Pennington, along with Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank for Amblin Television. The series will be distributed globally by CBS Studios International.

:arrow: SOURCE

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bungie, and especially 343, never really did Halo justice when they attempted to tell the story. Closest Bungie got was probably Reach, though ODST wasn't terrible either.
That universe is crazy awesome. Halo Legends is a good showing of the potential Halo actually has as a TV series. (I mean, unless you wanna read the books which are also awesome)

Pretty interested to see how this turns out. It could be very good if they do it right and focus on the right things. Their supposed start when humanity first encounters the covenant is a pretty great spot.

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
This would have been great if they made it after halo 3. instead of taking this long to make a show out of it

More to tell though. The upside is better CG? Hahah

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bungie, and especially 343, never really did Halo justice when they attempted to tell the story. Closest Bungie got was probably Reach, though ODST wasn't terrible either.
That universe is crazy awesome. Halo Legends is a good showing of the potential Halo actually has as a TV series. (I mean, unless you wanna read the books which are also awesome)

Pretty interested to see how this turns out. It could be very good if they do it right and focus on the right things. Their supposed start when humanity first encounters the covenant is a pretty great spot.
Agreed

D

Deleted User

Why? Halo has not had a gripping story since part 2...

On a side note, I sure hope they represent the trans gender community with equal measure. Gender is just a cultural construct and I feel that Halo, like Star Wars, can be a strong vehicle to spread this awareness through.
*blows brains out*

Reactions: brunocar and XDel

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

We've heard of the Halo TV series for a while now but little was known about when or if the series will actually go into production. In a news post yesterday, Xbox Wire stated that SHOWTIME has ordered a 10-episode season based on the legendary video game franchise.

Halo is our most ambitious series ever, and we expect audiences who have been anticipating it for years to be thoroughly rewarded,” said SHOWTIME president and CEO David Nevins. “In the history of television, there simply has never been enough great science fiction. Kyle Killen’s scripts are thrilling, expansive and provocative, Rupert Wyatt is a wonderful, world-building director, and their vision of Halo will enthrall fans of the game while also drawing the uninitiated into a world of complex characters that populate this unique universe.”

“This is a truly exciting moment for the Halo franchise,” stated Kiki Wolfkill, head of Halo Transmedia at 343 Industries. “Together with our creative and production partners at SHOWTIME and Amblin Television, the Halo television series will represent new and exciting way for fans to enter and engage with the Halo universe. We can’t wait to share more on what’s ahead.”

Halo will be executive produced by Killen, Wyatt and Scott Pennington, along with Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank for Amblin Television. The series will be distributed globally by CBS Studios International.

:arrow: SOURCE

b7pOX75.jpg

What you mean they didn't make it justice? Bungie created the story. If it's not good, it's just a bad story to beggin with. Though I do think that the first Halo had a good plot, it just went downhill from there.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from Halo Legends, I never got on board with the Microsoft's other cinematic Halo attempts. I guess deep down, I really just want Master Chief to be the star, not "just another spartan" like how he has been portrayed in Halo 4 and 5. Unless he is the focus, I may pass.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
On a side note, I sure hope they represent the trans gender community with equal measure. Gender is just a cultural construct and I feel that Halo, like Star Wars, can be a strong vehicle to spread this awareness through.

How is this even remotely relevant? Care to explain.

Reactions: brunocar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte