Halo TV Series To Begin Production In 2019

halo tv.PNG

We've heard of the Halo TV series for a while now but little was known about when or if the series will actually go into production. In a news post yesterday, Xbox Wire stated that SHOWTIME has ordered a 10-episode season based on the legendary video game franchise.

In its adaptation for SHOWTIME, Halo (working title) will take place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Kyle Killen (Awake) will serve as executive producer, writer and showrunner. Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) will direct multiple episodes and also executive produce the hour-long series which enters production in early 2019.

Halo is our most ambitious series ever, and we expect audiences who have been anticipating it for years to be thoroughly rewarded,” said SHOWTIME president and CEO David Nevins. “In the history of television, there simply has never been enough great science fiction. Kyle Killen’s scripts are thrilling, expansive and provocative, Rupert Wyatt is a wonderful, world-building director, and their vision of Halo will enthrall fans of the game while also drawing the uninitiated into a world of complex characters that populate this unique universe.”

“This is a truly exciting moment for the Halo franchise,” stated Kiki Wolfkill, head of Halo Transmedia at 343 Industries. “Together with our creative and production partners at SHOWTIME and Amblin Television, the Halo television series will represent new and exciting way for fans to enter and engage with the Halo universe. We can’t wait to share more on what’s ahead.”

Halo will be executive produced by Killen, Wyatt and Scott Pennington, along with Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank for Amblin Television. The series will be distributed globally by CBS Studios International.

:arrow: SOURCE

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Halo has not had a gripping story since part 2...

On a side note, I sure hope they represent the trans gender community with equal measure. Gender is just a cultural construct and I feel that Halo, like Star Wars, can be a strong vehicle to spread this awareness through.

Reactions: Uiaad

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

On a side note, I sure hope they represent the trans gender community with equal measure. Gender is just a cultural construct and I feel that Halo, like Star Wars, can be a strong vehicle to spread this awareness through.
either you are being super sarcastic or you are beyond retarded

D

Deleted User

Transgender people might disagree with you, they put a lot of effort into being their preferred gender

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transgender people might disagree with you, they put a lot of effort into being their preferred gender

Well they better start agreeing with me as I have appointed my self as their personal representative. My views reflect all of their individual views.

Reactions: Nagarjuna

Nagarjuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they better start agreeing with me as I have appointed my self as their personal representative. My views reflect all of their individual views.
thanks for the chuckle, but the "hurr durr I was only pretending to be retarded" still stands

Anyways, them saying "THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST AND MOST AMBITIOUS TV SERIES EVER!!!!" is the most buzzwordy thing ever

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the chuckle, but the "hurr durr I was only pretending to be retarded" still stands

Anyways, them saying "THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST AND MOST AMBITIOUS TV SERIES EVER!!!!" is the most buzzwordy thing ever

No, I am retarded and I would prefer if you would stop addressing me with that pronoun as it makes me feel retarded.

I am shocked that they did not call it the next Empire Strikes Back.

Last edited by XDel,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I am retarded and I would prefer if you would stop addressing me with that pronoun as it makes me feel retarded.

anybody who likes Halo is retarded. THERE

... i kinda like like Halo, hopefully season one is the first Halo game made for a high production value cinematic television series. BUT THEN AGAIN READ THE FIRST SENTENCE

Nagarjuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody who likes Halo is retarded. THERE

... i kinda like like Halo, hopefully season one is the first Halo game made for a high production value cinematic television series. BUT THEN AGAIN READ THE FIRST SENTENCE
I think execs thing adapting stories already shown in video games is boring and that audiences WANT SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING but its not want they want and it turns out bad and no one wants it

Reactions: gameboy
D

Deleted User

im so hyped for this all the games are great the books are fucking fantastic foward unto dawn and nightfall were pretty good so i feel this is gonna be awesome

Reactions: brickmii82

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada

It's sad how threads get into a war ( even if joking ) . On a side note, this will be a great show .The directors seem they would do well, not Shure of the whole team though yet obviously . Halo is great ( imo ) So bring it on! Can't wait

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would have been great if they made it after halo 3. instead of taking this long to make a show out of it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...