Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to PC

gcO67lb.png

Microsoft's latest episode of Inside Xbox is here, bringing with it the exciting news promised last week for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. After years of waiting, PC fans will be able to experience the game. Microsoft's team promises that this won't just be a "port", instead making sure the game runs as well as possible on the platform. FOV slider, ultrawide support, 4K HDR, and mouse and keyboard support were mentioned. Each game would roll out one by one in order of chronological release. Halo Reach will also be included eventually on both PC and Xbox One. Ruffian Games and Splash Damage will be assisting 343 with creating the PC version. No release date window was given.

It also WILL be coming to Steam.

BiggieCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reach included?? I've been holding off building a PC but if i can play reach with my buddies again that might be what gets me to.
Reach will be the first game to come out on PC, they’re going to do a slow rollout of the whole collection by chronological order on PC, starting with Reach, after that; Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 3 and finally Halo 4

Reactions: FateForWindows

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Im no expert but microsoft is basically killing their console, now they just release everything on pc and want to do that pass where you play xbox games anywhere even supposedly rumored on the switch by streaming and such, so next gen what is the incentive to buy an xbox console? you will just be able to play all their exclusives on pc or through streaming and then you can buy a ps5 or whatever for 3rd party's and sony exclusives, srs they are shooting themselves on their feet they are basically ditching console market and trying to go for pc crowd, well i dont mind as i dont buy xbox consoles until they are worthless to play the exclusives(last year bought an xbox 360 used for afew $ and 2 years ago i bought an original xbox :P)

Reactions: Xabring

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Im no expert but microsoft is basically killing their console, now they just release everything on pc and want to do that pass where you play xbox games anywhere even supposedly rumored on the switch by streaming and such, so next gen what is the incentive to buy an xbox console? you will just be able to play all their exclusives on pc or through streaming and then you can buy a ps5 or whatever for 3rd party's and sony exclusives, srs they are shooting themselves on their feet they are basically ditching console market and trying to go for pc crowd, well i dont mind as i dont buy xbox consoles until they are worthless to play the exclusives(last year bought an xbox 360 used for afew $ and 2 years ago i bought an original xbox :P)
I want to believe that's the point. The less money they have to pour into new hardware, the more they bring back in software. I don't know.. If there's no profit incentive, then there's something else.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I want to believe that's the point. The less money they have to pour into new hardware, the more they bring back in software. I don't know.. If there's no profit incentive, then there's something else.
well if microsoft only makes games for pc then it will be competing with huge pc market there is, almost anyone releases games on pc so yeah, they just made their console useless, i bet everyone who bought an xbox one is regretting it, because they just keep porting every "exclusive" game they have, i sense microsoft doesn't want to make consoles anymore and are giving up really, and are gonna make some money on pc gaming and such.

srs the entire thing of xbox pass or whatever makes a good idea on paper but bad one for console gamers that like xbox because people wont really need to buy a console anymore so xbox next generation will sell pretty badly specially if they get that up and running before it releases.

i bet in the future xbox pass will even be available on ps5 lol wait and see if xbox whatever its called sells like crap they are just gonna let it die like sony did with the vita.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've danced around whether or not it will include 144fps support. They confirmed it will have an fps slider and that it will "have all the features youd expect in a modern game" but nothing about what the cap is. I'll be really disappointed if its 60 locked.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about this a few months ago when I was looking for Halo. I honestly can't wait. It was one of the few games I played with my family. I also gave up on the drm problem and use Playnite to centralize everything (including emulator games :) )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool