Canada
haloreach_screen001_40729_screen.jpg

haloreach_screen004_97650_screen.jpg

haloreach_screen003_19365_screen.jpg

4_haloreach_35670_screen.jpg

haloreach_screen005_88876_screen.jpg

haloreach_screen002_38732_screen.jpg
QUOTE said:
What we heard: Xbox 360 fans got a taste of 2010 this week, courtesy of an apparent leak about next year's eagerly awaited sci-fi shooter, Halo: Reach. The report originated on the Major League Gaming forums (registration required) with user "ToM MoReLLo"--who initially wrote his name all over the screens. Since then, the leak has turned into a spigot on the informational free-for-all that is the NeoGAF forums, which has posted subsequent details.

The legitimate-looking screens are allegedly of a very early build of the game, with unfinished graphics possibly based on a new engine. One level appears to show space combat, but the rest are on land--presumably on the game's titular planet, which was the setting of the first Halo novel, Halo: The Fall of Reach.

The book's plot chronicled a Covenant invasion of a United Nations Space Command (UNSC) fortress world which was home to the program to develop SPARTAN super-soldiers--such as Halo series hero the Master Chief. It was also the site of a secret archeological dig which uncovered an ancient artifact from the Forerunners--the Halo-building ancient race which are worshipped as gods by the Covenant. Unsurprisingly, the multiracial empire of religious zealots want the artifact for themselves, and invade en masse to get it.

The missions described in the leak appear to fit into the events of the Fall of Reach, with both having multiple male and female SPARTANs attempting to gain control of Reach's planetary defense grid. Halo: Reach will apparently also feature some search-and-rescue levels of the original Halo game (i.e. go find space marines who crashed their dropship). It will also feature some infiltration and sniper-focused modes a la ODST, including one where Covenant forces fight with some of Reach's more aggressive wildlife.

The screens also show some convincing-looking Halo: Reach-branded menus--which indicate it will have a "privacy" switch to turn off drop-in co-op play. Another in-game screen appears to show four health bars by a radar screen, likely showing the status of co-operative players or possibly non-player characters.

Several Halo: Reach weapons are also revealed in the screens. One new addition is the needler carbine which shoots three needles that explode once stuck in an opponent, provided said opponent's shields are down. A tweaked version of Halo 2's battle rifle will also be returning, sporting scoped single-shot action and a 12-shot clip. The assault rifle, needler, and SPARTAN laser also look set to return, along with the Warthog vehicle, which will come in a new missile-launching variant.

The official story: Wait for it…

"Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation."--Microsoft rep.

Bogus or not bogus?: The screens look too detailed and information is a bit precise for this leak to be bogus. And with the Halo: Reach beta coming in early 2010, anyone who bought the beta-key equipped Halo 3: ODST won't have that much longer to wait.
Source

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesn't look fake at all to me.

either way, doesnt look like we can get much out of these screens, other than the fact that the looks seem more refined.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
Behold the shovelware of Halo!
+1

QUOTE(playallday @ Nov 9 2009, 06:41 PM) Man, I guess this means that the Xbox 360 will still be getting games in 2010.
frown.gif
I was hoping a new Xbox would come out soon.
Not until 2012 at the least...

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Canonbeat234 said:
+OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND!
They probably thought:we closed the trilogy, now let's dump a load of shovelware on our fans so we can "attract a bigger audience" and make more munnyz.
My prediction, before 2010 is over, Sony will make the same mistake.
And while they do that, I'll be enjoying Zelda spirit tracks and Phantasy star zero XD

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Canonbeat234 said:
+1

QUOTE(playallday @ Nov 9 2009, 06:41 PM) Man, I guess this means that the Xbox 360 will still be getting games in 2010.
frown.gif
I was hoping a new Xbox would come out soon.
Not until 2012 at the least...

Luke = PS3 Fanboy, begone! Ye are not welcome in our territory!

Besides. Looks great even from such blurry screenshots, but I hope it doesn't turn into something like Red Faction: Guerilla or Section 8 type gameplay. Halo is not for that. And I highly highly doubt those screens are fake.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They look real to me. Halo is interesting series and I have played it, but I am not very good at it. I would like to see if microsoft does include natal into this game.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Im not going to cast any judgment just yet. But as some have already pointed out, it looks like the exact same thing that I was thoroughly bored and unimpressed with years ago.

Time will tell though.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
DeltaBurnt said:
Another one? Jesus they just need to learn to stop. I have a feeling Halo is going to keep going on like Saw is.

Nah, even if it does, those halo fanboy would probably still be buying it. To me, any game is overrated and overspamed after it start having a number after 3.

(althought to be honest, this doesnt apply for any final fantasy before 6, after that, probably)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
it looks cool but isnt halo already lost it's flavor like half-life? anyway this game is still gonna sell well if it lives up to expectations

(FF7 was the best or is the best because of it's simple but diverse things u could do which games of tht didnt have and because of it's beautiful storyline and chars - Seph and Cloud... thts all)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it gonna look any different
just like ODST

they are too busy whoring out the Halo name

even though the game engine is heavily outdated
people's faces still look like crap, physics engine is bad, among other things

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.