Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haloreachnataloriginal5.jpg

QUOTE said:
To clear up any misconceptions with "the kids on Twitter," Spike Video Game Awards host Geoff Keighley took to Major Nelson's podcast this weekend and explained that the Halo: Reach trailer on next week's show will be "actual gameplay." That's right, folks: none of that live-action or CG mumbo jumbo. "You'll get a first glimpse at the world of Reach," Keighley told the Major during this week's show. "I think it's going to be the biggest game next year by far."

When addressing the contents of the trailer -- something Keighley claimed to have not seen just yet -- he noted that he thinks people will be shocked by the direction than Bungie is taking, calling it a "huge leap forward." So, Mr. Keighley, it could be said that the studio is reaching new ground then?

... Hello? Where are you going?!

News Source: Joystiq

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Halo is reaching the point where I could give less than a shit. I have never liked the games to begin with and the continual use of the franchise outside of the original trilogy just screams "We want more money!"

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If there is an actually difference with the whole feel of the game, like a NEW game, not jsut some addon to the story to rip people off, then im interested.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, Halo. The original Xbox game was pretty enjoyable and brought some advancements to the genre, but the other games are awful and not enjoyable at all.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why everyone here hates Halo.

Maz7006 said:
If there is an actually difference with the whole feel of the game, like a NEW game, not jsut some addon to the story to rip people off, then im interested.
If they changed the feel of the game, it might repel away customers.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People hate Halo because it became so insanely popular and pretty much "the killer app" of all time. And it's pretty natural for even those trying to fit in to try to be non-conformist in some aspect. And since no one really knows you on forums such as this, they can feel non-conformist by saying "Boo Halo's bad!"

Well, Halo isn't my favorite game, but it's been such a groundbreaker that you have to appreciate it. It made online gaming what it is today. It made so many things in pop culture. It revolutionized FPS games. You may not like the games, but you can't say it's "hidden shovelware".

Anyway, Halo Reach looks kinda interesting. Mind you, I haven't really seen any of the trailers or stuff, so I'm not very informed about it. I'm mainly looking forward to the Star Wars premiere at the VGA's.

I couldn't give two shits about the awards. At pretty much every award show that isn't the Grammys, Oscars, Golden Globes, etc, prizes aren't based on critics but basically whoever attends. You're not going to give an award to someone who didn't come. Well, I don't know how big the VGA's are. Sure, it's the only real video game award ceremony that comes to mind, but the only real important video game awards are those given by big name reviewers like IGN or Famitsu. Yes, even Famitsu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr