Gaming Halo: Reach - Beta now available to ODST owners.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought I would remind/inform/surprise anyone out there who isn't aware, the Halo: Reach Beta (1.15gb) went live just under an hour ago.
For those of you who do not know what this means read on:
-If you purchased Halo 3: ODST then you were promised an invitation to the Reach beta
-If you have your ODST disc then boot it up and now the option to 'Play the beta' will be available from the main menu.
-Clicking this option will bring up a dialogue box asking you to confirm downloading the beta and providing a brief description of the content.
REACH_KeyArt_Horizontal_1920x1080.jpg

The beta was available to a select few several days ago (about 10,000 downloaded then) and an estimated few million are expected to download the beta release, which will last from May 3rd to May 19th.
With so many downloads at this peak time, even my 10mbp/s fibre optic connection is taking around an hour due to the strain of downloaders. I advise you get yours now
biggrin.gif

You can find out everything you need to know at bungie's forum and Halo: Reach website (google)!
Not only is this your opportunity to try the game before the release date but also provide feedback to finetune the game for the final release (Fall 2010) so please be helpful and suggest, find glitches and give ideas at bungie's official website.
Ciao.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been playing it for the last 10 minutes, I love it, except im really disappointed with the battle rifles and the Carbines, they are terrible, the shotgun is amazing and so is the new skills, like you can choose to have sprint, jetpack ect

Definitely going on pre order, i have pre ordered all Halo games up to now ( except Wars )

Edit : Mine downloaded really fast, I've got a 20mbps/s fibre optic, took about 5-10 minutes
biggrin.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
I've been playing it for the last 10 minutes, I love it, except im really disappointed with the battle rifles and the Carbines, they are terrible, the shotgun is amazing and so is the new skills, like you can choose to have sprint, jetpack ect

Definitely going on pre order, i have pre ordered all Halo games up to now ( except Wars )

One issue people have brought up is that the headshot box on the beta only allows headshots to register if made in the forehead regions which I fully believe will be fixed in the full. Also people have said the jetpack negates the point of finding a high sniper spot for obvious reasons and that the shield is too powerful. I'm on 97% :/ Plus I have coursework in for tomorrow I'll have to do some between games
tongue.gif

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
danny600kill said:

Edit : Mine downloaded really fast, I've got a 20mbps/s fibre optic, took about 5-10 minutes
biggrin.gif
What's so bad about the new ranged weapons? The DMR and Needle Rifle look like great successors to the BR and Carbine. I haven't played the beta yet, but I don't really see anything wrong with either of them.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hachibei said:
danny600kill said:

biggrin.gif
What's so bad about the new ranged weapons? The DMR and Needle Rifle look like great successors to the BR and Carbine. I haven't played the beta yet, but I don't really see anything wrong with either of them.

It might just me being old and hating change but I just don't think they work, there are some great new weapons though, and the Grav Hammer looks sweeter. Sprint and Melee weapons are great together.

Up to know I'd give it about 7.5/10

smashbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wishes i was one to get a code. The blockbuster near us only has 1 copy of odst and its been gone for a month they said.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am one of the unfortunate ones without ODST.
frown.gif
I don't think I'll pay $30 on ebay for a copy just for 17 days of halo reach beta and I don't really care for the ODST story that much.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just bought the game again. I sold it but have been interested in getting the Halo 3 multiplayer again without having to buy all of the DLC again. The Reach beta is just another bonus. I couldn't care for the Halo story though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth