Halo: Reach - Beta now available to ODST owners.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by DeadLocked, May 3, 2010.

1. DeadLocked
    OP

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    I thought I would remind/inform/surprise anyone out there who isn't aware, the Halo: Reach Beta (1.15gb) went live just under an hour ago.
    For those of you who do not know what this means read on:
    -If you purchased Halo 3: ODST then you were promised an invitation to the Reach beta
    -If you have your ODST disc then boot it up and now the option to 'Play the beta' will be available from the main menu.
    -Clicking this option will bring up a dialogue box asking you to confirm downloading the beta and providing a brief description of the content.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

The beta was available to a select few several days ago (about 10,000 downloaded then) and an estimated few million are expected to download the beta release, which will last from May 3rd to May 19th.
    With so many downloads at this peak time, even my 10mbp/s fibre optic connection is taking around an hour due to the strain of downloaders. I advise you get yours now [​IMG]

You can find out everything you need to know at bungie's forum and Halo: Reach website (google)!
    Not only is this your opportunity to try the game before the release date but also provide feedback to finetune the game for the final release (Fall 2010) so please be helpful and suggest, find glitches and give ideas at bungie's official website.
    Ciao.

2. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    I've been playing it for the last 10 minutes, I love it, except im really disappointed with the battle rifles and the Carbines, they are terrible, the shotgun is amazing and so is the new skills, like you can choose to have sprint, jetpack ect

Definitely going on pre order, i have pre ordered all Halo games up to now ( except Wars )

Edit : Mine downloaded really fast, I've got a 20mbps/s fibre optic, took about 5-10 minutes [​IMG]

3. DeadLocked
    OP

United Kingdom
    One issue people have brought up is that the headshot box on the beta only allows headshots to register if made in the forehead regions which I fully believe will be fixed in the full. Also people have said the jetpack negates the point of finding a high sniper spot for obvious reasons and that the shield is too powerful. I'm on 97% :/ Plus I have coursework in for tomorrow I'll have to do some between games [​IMG]

4. Hachibei

Member Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    What's so bad about the new ranged weapons? The DMR and Needle Rifle look like great successors to the BR and Carbine. I haven't played the beta yet, but I don't really see anything wrong with either of them.

5. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    It might just me being old and hating change but I just don't think they work, there are some great new weapons though, and the Grav Hammer looks sweeter. Sprint and Melee weapons are great together.

Up to know I'd give it about 7.5/10

6. DeadLocked
    OP

United Kingdom
    This is obviously one of the most anticipated and now downloaded and playe Xbox 360 betas if not THE #1. It's knocked the frickin server out...

7. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    My download just finished. I just bought ODST again half an hour ago, and I can't wait to play the beta.

8. Rogue_Syst3m

Member Rogue_Syst3m GBAtemp Regular

United States
    woohoo! bout time ive been waiting for it to become live since 8 this morning

nice heads up [​IMG]

9. Spartan117H3

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It works on my backup copy that I recently made, I think I'm getting some huge server lag because it took almost an hour on my FiOS.

10. smashbro

Member smashbro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wishes i was one to get a code. The blockbuster near us only has 1 copy of odst and its been gone for a month they said.

11. Nikolay

Member Nikolay GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am one of the unfortunate ones without ODST. [​IMG] I don't think I'll pay $30 on ebay for a copy just for 17 days of halo reach beta and I don't really care for the ODST story that much.

12. smashbro

Member smashbro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i will just continue to play blur lol.

13. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I have just bought the game again. I sold it but have been interested in getting the Halo 3 multiplayer again without having to buy all of the DLC again. The Reach beta is just another bonus. I couldn't care for the Halo story though.