Gaming Halo on DS or 3DS ideas?

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Microsoft owns the rights to the Halo series so it will never be on a non Microsoft console but since Bungie has gone mulitplatform they could make a game similar to Halo or even better.

EDIT: Whoops, pretty hillarious typo there

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Supersonicmonk said:
Microsoft owns the rights to the Halo series so it will never be on a non sony console
eh what?

It's called a typo
biggrin.gif

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
first of all this is old old old old old news, the halo ds thing was just goldeneye mod, how they did it was never officially said but it was just an alborate hoax. And I doubt they'll ever be a portable halo till the Microsoft hand held is released
tongue.gif

so this thead really shouldn't exsist since it's based on a hoax

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viva Pinata is a Microsoft property and it was on the DS. Microsoft not releasing games on the DS is a pointless argument.

As for that Halo DS game, I think it is real. Doesn't mean it will ever come out. It could've been a prototype to show Microsoft to see if they would fund it. Kind of like how that Ghostbusters game that a company made to show off to try and get a contract to make it (but Terminal Reality was already making it so they were told to stop).

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viva Pinata is a different circumstance. Halo is owned DIRECTLY by Microsoft. Viva Pinata is owned by Rareware, which in turn is owned by MS, but it's less of a direct ownership. MS had nothing to do with Viva Pinata DS either. Rare also made Diddy Kong Racing for DS, and two Banjo games for the GBA even though they were owned by MS at the time of their release. Microsoft simply allows Rare to create some of their games for Nintendo handhelds since they don't have a handheld of their own and there is no competition in that area. They would not however, allow Nintendo direct control over a franchise they own.

Bungie however, could actually potentially develop for the 3DS. They can't make a Halo game since MS owns that, but they can create their own original game. Bungie is in a partnership with Activision Blizzard. Who knows what the future holds in that respect?

BTW, this may help the actual facts of the matter-

QUOTE said:
Kotaku: The whole Halo on the DS rumor just doesn't want to die, do you see that in the cards?

Brian Jarrard (Bungie director): This rumor has been circulating for a while and as you know we even saw some real life screens and assets this week. Ultimately it's up to Microsoft to decide if and when they take Halo to a different platform. That particular demo was in fact created and I believe it was an unsolicited pitch a long time ago but nothing ever came of it.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/bungie-ow...e-qa-307656.php

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Bungie however, could actually potentially develop for the 3DS. They can't make a Halo game since MS owns that, but they can create their own original game. Bungie is in a partnership with Activision Blizzard. Who knows what the future holds in that respect?

Probably another shitty over milked franchise, IMO.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I wouldn't want it.

The only reason why I would want it is just so Microsoft loses an exclusive. I wouldn't buy it though, unless it was amazing.

Also, I read a comment on the Halo DS picture thread that says the Halo DS footage was just a skin mod for Golden Eye DS, which makes perfect sense. It looks exactly like it.

I don't think it would come to the 3DS. Maybe eventually, but there's no way within the first year of its release.

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
They would not however, allow Nintendo direct control over a franchise they own.
Nintendo wouldn't have any control over the franchise. There's also no microsoft handheld to compete. They would have nothing to lose if they ever released a Halo game on the DS. Who's going to be like, "Halo for DS? I'm going to buy that and not the XBox360 version."

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outrager said:
granville said:
They would not however, allow Nintendo direct control over a franchise they own.
Nintendo wouldn't have any control over the franchise. There's also no microsoft handheld to compete. They would have nothing to lose if they ever released a Halo game on the DS. Who's going to be like, "Halo for DS? I'm going to buy that and not the XBox360 version."
Tons of people would be like that, people who don't have any sort of Xbox for example. Letting their console competitor have a game that they themselves own would be like giving your worst enemy a ton of cash. That's what it basically amounts to. MS may not have a handheld of their own, but they still don't want to do business with a company that IS a competitor in another field. It just doesn't work that way in the business world. To these companies, this gaming business is a war, a serious one. They aren't going to have any sort of dealings with a competitor even if they don't compete in the handheld race specifically.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I giggled at the title. Why? Because it's ridiculous!

Halo Reach is the last Halo game that Bungie will make + Halo is an Xbox exclusive.
So unless someone makes a homebrew out of it, it will not happen.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The last thing i'd personally want anyway on my DS is Halo, more of a console based game anyway.

will never happen officially, doubt anyone will bother with the homebrew as well.

invdrcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
SoulSnatcher said:
So they did make Halo DS.I'll quote from the page:
QUOTE said:
In January 2007, IGN editor-in-chiefQUOTE
Taken from Wikipedia
That should say enough.

The internet is not always correct.

Also, what Hachibei and _Chaz_ said.

i agree the internet is a lying whore thats made of tubes and when asked a question it answers with another question

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)