Halo 5: Guardians rated T for Teen by ESRB - First in the series

halo-5-guardians.jpg

A first for the Halo franchise, Microsofts latest title has received a T for Teen rating by the ESRB.
According to the ratings board, "This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of a super soldier (Locke) searching for a missing character. Players use pistols, machine guns, grenade launchers, and futuristic weapons to kill alien and human enemies in frenetic combat. Battles are highlighted by realistic gunfire, explosions, and occasional blood-splatter effects. Characters can also use "assassinations" to kill characters by snapping their necks, or by stabbing them with bladed weapons. The word "a*s" appears in the dialogue, as well as occasional taunts/insults (e.g., "I have copulated...with your genetic progenitors!"; 'Your father was a filthy colo and your mother was a hole in the wall!')."
Halo going for a teen rating is an odd decision on the ESRB's part, considering the game isn't any less tame than previous entries in the series. Is the ESRB getting a little more lax?
The mention of guns being used to kill human players is also an interesting tidbit, that could point to the inclusion of Arbiter/Elite style levels returning, ala Halo 2.

You can watch some of the new Halo 5 Guardians gameplay recently released at Gamescom below.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ratings do get readjusted from time to time. At one point the uncut original robot cop was rated Xtreme because of how Murphy's limbs were shot off. The cut verison rated R. By today's standards, they were each rerated R and PG13 respectfully. If movies ratings can be revulated, why can't games? I would expect some past games to get rerated with new packing at some point if it wasn't the era of digital downloads

Last edited by chartube12,

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ratings do get readjusted from time to time. At one point the uncut original robot cop was rated Xtreme because of how Murphy's limbs were shot off. The cut verison rated R. By today's standards, they were each rerated R and PG13 respectfully. If movies ratings can be revulated, why can't games? I would expect some past games to get rerated with new packing at some point if it was the era of digital downloads
Well I think certain games have with VC and all that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."