Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2Utc6.jpg

You really didn't think it was over, did you? Microsoft has confirmed that this year is the year of Halo 4. Master Chief makes his triumphant return to Xbox 360 on November 6, but Bungie won't be in the driver's seat this time around. 343 Industries has taken the helm of the main series and promise to tie together loose ends from past installments.

"Master Chief returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe," the publisher said. "Millions of fans worldwide have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to step back into the boots of Master Chief, and with Halo 4 leading the charge, we're confident 2012 will be the most successful year in Xbox history."

Halo 4 is set four years after the events of Halo 3, and 343 Industries is already mapping out the plot for games 5 and 6.

:arrow: Source: CVG
Ongoing discussion

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Halo 4 is set four years after the events of Halo 3, and 343 Industries is already mapping out the plot for games 5 and 6.
Halo is supposed to be a trilogy. This "Oh, this is the Reclaimer trilogy shit is bullshit. I don't mind, because I love halo,, but this is... I thought 4 was the last in the "trilogy" now.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>Halo 4 is set four years after the events of Halo 3, and 343 Industries is already mapping out the plot for games 5 and 6.
Halo is supposed to be a trilogy. This "Oh, this is the Reclaimer trilogy shit is bullshit. I don't mind, because I love halo,, but this is... I thought 4 was the last in the "trilogy" now.
they said that we weren't even going to get halo 4 at all and that halo reach was it, and now they are plotting 5 and 6? wow. but im excited all the same, halo was the first game i ever played on XBL :D bring it microsoft!

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually don't play FPS's anymore, but I'm always up for some Halo. And I'm really looking forward to this next entry in the series.
Can't wait.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New dev may mean new interest for me, the Halo series has been very "meh" to me, really cannot see why people cream over it. I was hardly a series I'd call inventive or added anything new to the genre.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo 3 was my first Halo game, and I was not impressed. ODST and Reach (though the best out of all of them) did little to change that.

I honestly can't see this being good enough to change my mind, but hey, I'd love to be surprised.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo 3 was my first Halo game, and I was not impressed

Well no shit. Go play Halo PC and tell me how you feel after that :P

I have played that once or twice, though not for very long (and only on the multiplayer). It was fine, but I can't say it was too much better (then again, I only played for short durations and I'm not all that handy with PC controls, so it's tough for me to judge).

Klx5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont they let this series die already, it wasent good after the second one, halo 3 was a missed oportunity and now they are trying cash the franchise again with 3 more games.... why dont they come up with a new game already!!!!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why dont they let this series die already, it wasent good after the second one, halo 3 was a missed oportunity and now they are trying cash the franchise again with 3 more games.... why dont they come up with a new game already!!!!

Halo Combat Evolved/Halo Combat Evolved PC/Halo Custom Edition PC ---> Halo 2/Halo 2 PC ---> Halo 3 ---> Halo 3: ODST ---> Age of Mythology: Halo Edition ---> Halo Reach ---> Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary Edition --> Halo 4 --> Halo 5 --> Halo 6...

If you count each iteration separately Halo has more games than Harry Potter has books...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1