Halo 4 arrives on PC next week as the last entry in The Master Chief Collection

The final entry to the PC version of Halo: The Master Chief Collection is just about ready for release. Arriving on the platform next week on November 17th is Halo 4, which originally released for the Xbox 360 in 2012. As with every other MCC PC port, this version of the game will feature 4K support and an unlockable 60fps+ framerate. You can grab the game on the Microsoft Store, Steam, or Xbox Game Pass on PC, while those picking up an Xbox Series X or an Xbox Series S will also be able to play the full Master Chief Collection on November 17th.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'll be honest, I didn't believe them when they said they'd get the whole collection on PC by Dec. 2020 way back when it was announced they were doing it one at a time, especially with Covid issues.

But low and behold it'll finally be here. It's a shame they won't put Halo 5 in the MCC/port it to PC (even though it was an awful Halo game), would've liked to have had the whole collection for when Infinite comes out, but I suppose this will have to be good enough.

So you have to unlock the framerate unlocking? Sounds weird :huh:
They just mean you can unlock the FPS from 60, not that you have to "unlock it" via gameplay or something. All games in the MCC had unlocked framerates you can enable in the settings.

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But low and behold it'll finally be here. It's a shame they won't put Halo 5 in the MCC/port it to PC (even though it was an awful Halo game), would've liked to have had the whole collection for when Infinite comes out, but I suppose this will have to be good enough.

In time it will probably make it's way to PC, I forget where I read it but it was one of those things they will assess in the future but don't have anything planed currently. Might depend on just how good/bad Infinite does. I've never played 5 but from what I've heard from friends it's lack luster and not as good as the rest of the series was.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame they won't put Halo 5 in the MCC/port it to PC (even though it was an awful Halo game), would've liked to have had the whole collection for when Infinite comes out

You just reminded me that Halo 5 is an Xbox exclusive, and now I’m just bothered that I can’t play the whole saga on PC. Not that I want to play Halo 5 again, but still

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

After the overhyped and clunky doom eternal, I'm glad of this port, even if it is the (second) worst of the saga.

Playing ODST and H3 again was a breath of fresh air.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone