1. 3,861

Front-page

PC players will soon be able to continue playing through the Halo series, as the third title is headed to Steam, the Microsoft Store, and Game Pass before the end of this month. Halo 3 will be releasing on July 14th, bringing with it the same optimizations and features that the previous PC ports offered, such as 4K support, 60+fps, mouse and keyboard input, the forge/theater, and 24 multiplayer maps. Currently, the collection of games are available for purchase on Steam for a slight discount as part of the Steam Summer Sale, or you can purchase titles individually, with the latter priced at $7.99 each on sale, or the former available for $31.99 until July 9th.

2. Discussion (63 replies)

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    I remember it being generic, boring and plotless a decade ago. I wonder if it just as snorefesty now.

XDel, ConyoK, yoyoyo69 and 2 others like this.
  4. TomRannd

TomRannd GBAtemp's clown.

Canada
    halo has never interested me. i played the fourth one with my buddy when i was like 12 but other than that it was boring lol. destiny was even worse for me. never been so pissed off at myself for spending 60 bucks.

5. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    This is the first game I remember having an absolute obsession with. Played the storyline over and over, spent countless hours in online matchmaking with friends, and even more hours building random maps in forge mode just for the fun of it. This might be what finally pushes me to get the MCC for a second time!

lampdemon, Torina, Tyvar1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait
    I remember that metroid prime 3 was much much better than halo 3.

I have battery based wii sensor bar so I can use real wii mote to play it on dolphin.

Last edited by Mohammed2935, Jul 7, 2020
  7. Chary

OP Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    I still haven't completed a Halo game in full, yet. I really like them, but they keep releasing when other games I really want to play are out. Still very excited to play MCC eventually--ended up grabbing it on Steam just to have it one day.

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Neat, put a lot of time into the multiplayer of 3 back in the day. Just two more games to go at this point, ODST and 4. I'm glad they've gotten so far so fast, I wasn't expecting to have 4/6 games done in just 6ish months since PC launch. I hope they add Halo 5 to the collection at some point, that'd be a lovely addition before Infinite launches, but I doubt it.

9. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    it gets sadder when you realize metroid prime 3 is the worst of the trilogy
    the worst prime game still stands way higher than the most overhyped halo

10. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Worst or least good?

64bitmodels likes this.
  11. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait
    I enjoyed metroid 3 very much I like it more than prime 1&2. I can accept 2d empty worlds with no npc but I dont like empty 3d world with no npc nor cutscenes.

banjo2 likes this.
  12. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    least good ofc
    no metroid game is truly bad
    yes that also applies to other m and federation force, those have their merits

banjo2 likes this.
  13. scootiewolff

scootiewolff Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I hope Halo 3 works fine on my PC. With Halo 2 I only have a black screen, nothing works and nothing helps

14. Sansgaming420

Sansgaming420 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Bad opinion. But I don't think there's a single game you actually like anyways.

Pipistrele and brunocar like this.
  15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Especially when it does so bad it goes FreeToPlay.

TomRannd likes this.
  16. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    I thought halo 3 had fun campaign back in the day (not amazing, but it was fun doing co-op). But I'm mostly excited for the Forge. So many crazy game modes and maps. It's amazing what we can do with it.

Forge is what kept me coming back for years. And hopefully it will do the same again.

17. TomRannd

TomRannd GBAtemp's clown.

Canada
    haha, yeah. man that's happened to me too many times. also, back then i never new about pirating 0.0

hate to break it to ya, but if halo 2 wont run, neither will the third...

18. scootiewolff

scootiewolff Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The

Halo Reach and Halo 1, no problems

19. RedoLane

RedoLane Unemployed Punmaster

Israel
    "Sir, request permission to drop on Steam."
    "For what purpose, Master Chief?"
    "To give the PC users back their Halo."
    "Permission granted."

It's been 13 years.

Silent_Gunner and 64bitmodels like this.
  20. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    We didn't play the same game man, how can you even say Halo has a generic gameplay when it's the only FPS that offers its kind of gameplay, if you only play on normal you might not notice that the game expects a certain behavior from the player... You can not go through Halo like you go through Half-Life, aim and speed is not what will cut it, it's tactic and pattern recognition that will...

The gameplay was at its peak, Halo:CE had a well made campaign, Halo 2 suffered from crunch and the gameplay balance in SP was catastrophic, Heroic and Legendary weren't even a challenge, it was pure rape, Halo 3 took the good aspects of CE and 2 and mixed them pretty well to make a very satisfying and balanced gameplay in SP...

By the way, the plot was good enough, trying to wrap up the mess Halo 2 made was hard enough, building hype like Halo 2 did is easy, giving it closure is always harder, Halo 3 was not ultra satisfying but it wasn't underwhelming either (it's not like say Lost season 6 which saying it was underwhelming is an euphemism) and the atmosphere, art style and music, were great...

Last edited by Idaho, Jul 7, 2020
    TheCasualties likes this.
  21. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm kinda surprised PC doesn't already have this. I'm kinda late to Halo I'm still playing Halo 1 on my Xbox One S. It's a cool game (not in my top 5 FPS) but still good.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Collection, Master, heads