hall of fame of the most downloaded rom

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by kingkong2003, Oct 24, 2002.

1. kingkong2003
    OP

kingkong2003 Newbie

you should put the hall of fame of the downloaded rom

2. KiVan

KiVan Hooray! Member n# 1!!!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2002
    Italy
    Italy
    it may be interesting.. maybe in the futire... have no time to code it [​IMG]

3. ruffmeister
    OP

ruffmeister Newbie

very good idea actually, but as the mod says no time, perhaps people could help the scene, i.e give a little back

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Great idea! At the end of every month, you could have the top 3 downloaded Roms...

5. kingkong2003
    OP

kingkong2003 Newbie

i could do it but i want every week

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Advanced Member

Oct 25, 2002
    Netherlands
    Super Happy Happy Fun Fun Land
    Great idea!

7. neocat

neocat The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!

Oct 24, 2002
    Lisbon
    I agree. And you could in the end of the year see which one of those was the most downloaded and put a special message: this is the best rom of the year.
    The problem is that most people download all of them and then you'd have to make a poll in the end to decide because most of them would be at equal levels (except barbie games) [​IMG]

8. moley

moley GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2002
    UK
    haha i like barbie games they keep my bro's kid busy while i play something better. but its a nice idea.

9. YugiOhFreak555

YugiOhFreak555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2002
    ya they should do it

10. El Diablo

El Diablo Banned

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    South O' England
    Go for it!

11. ruffmeister
    OP

ruffmeister Newbie

good idea i think this should be added next, but true if people do download them all then they all should be winners

12. Maxhaha
    OP

Maxhaha Newbie

great idea

13. neocat

neocat The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!

Oct 24, 2002
    Lisbon
    And we wouln't have all those stupid ppl always requesting roms like metroid fusion [​IMG] because they would always be on top [​IMG]

14. zErO
    OP

zErO Newbie

the most downloaded isn't neccisarly the best, it could be anticipated, but turned out to be crap, and things like that could happen.

15. Moonlady
    OP

Moonlady Newbie

Good idea!

16. Vince989

Vince989 Still lurking around, sometimes...

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    While there is the fact that, like coolcat said, most wanted roms could be on top of the list and get requested a lot less often, I don't like that idea... Some of the advantages of roms is being able to test a game without losing any money whatsoever, so loads of people will simply download anything that comes out, which would screw up the "hall of fame"... [​IMG]

A good idea, though, could be making the roms reviewable, so the top list would be the highest rated ones (with, of course, ratings that decrease gradually, so that roms don't stay on top forever...)

- ViNcE989

17. zErO
    OP

zErO Newbie

that seems awfully smart for a person your age vince, it is you right 'PocketX'? but i don't think they should decrease.

18. D2_

D2_ Weee!

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    NYC
    no zero,he's not pocketx(AKA Vince from BB)

19. Vince989

Vince989 Still lurking around, sometimes...

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    I don't know at all who you're talking about, I've always called myself this way; before I was CP1, but I wasn't on the internet at that time... [​IMG]

By decreasing ratings, it's kinda hard to explain... And when I think about it, I don't feel like it makes any sense anymore... [​IMG] So just forget it... I'm getting tired, and that's one of the things that can happen... [​IMG]

- ViNcE989

20. zErO
    OP

zErO Newbie

meh, he's from canada, and his name is also vince, so i took a guess, sorry for being me... an asshole.