Hall Effect Joysticks Calibration from Anbernic

ivanmlerner

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there!

I have recently ordered and already installed new Anbernic's hall effect joysticks (they are drop-in replacement joysticks btw) on my V1 Switch, but they need to be calibrated.

For this purpose I used Joy-Con Toolkit 5.2. After finding best raw values for X & Y, my user calibration seems to do no difference and has no effect when connected to the Switch.

From the screenshot no.1 while in "playground testing mode" you can see that without any calibration the hall effect joystick is off-centered to the SSE. After calibration, as seen from screenshot no.2, joysticks are perfectly calibrated, but when connected to Switch, in spite of user calibration, it is still off-centered when checking from calibration user interface on Switch, as if it has not been calibrated like in screenshot no.1.

Do any of you, guys, have the same problem where user calibration is being ignored by Switch?
Does any of you have guidelines or suggestions how can I make it work, as it seems that I am the first one to experiment with hall effect joysticks on Switch? Thx ^_^

(P.S. I have read on GBATemp forum that user calibrated values can be written as factory calibrated values by modifying SPI binary and allocating user calibration values from 0x8000 slot to factory calibration values in the 0x6000 slot)
I know this thread is old, but I ended up here looking for the same thing, and found the answer in a video, at least for the hall effect joystick I am able to buy in Brazil.
The joystick needs to be calibrated physically (centering the magnet). This can be done from the two holes on the sides of the joystick (two for the x axis and two for the y axis).
The method is as follows (for the y axis): if you need to move the dot up, put a solid wire on the hole on the top, and push the joystick to the top, the wire will go deeper when you do so. Then you slowly lower the joystick (there will be a slight resistance) until you hear a click. Check how much you moved the dot, and repeat the adjustment as necessary.
If you need to move the dot down, you do the opposite. Put the wire in the bottom hole, and push the joystick to the bottom, and then up.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I know this thread is old, but I ended up here looking for the same thing, and found the answer in a video, at least for the hall effect joystick I am able to buy in Brazil.
The joystick needs to be calibrated physically (centering the magnet). This can be done from the two holes on the sides of the joystick (two for the x axis and two for the y axis).
The method is as follows (for the y axis): if you need to move the dot up, put a solid wire on the hole on the top, and push the joystick to the top, the wire will go deeper when you do so. Then you slowly lower the joystick (there will be a slight resistance) until you hear a click. Check how much you moved the dot, and repeat the adjustment as necessary.
If you need to move the dot down, you do the opposite. Put the wire in the bottom hole, and push the joystick to the bottom, and then up.
That's nothing to do with this because you are talking about full size hall sticks And this posts are about joy-con small ones

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
FWIW this does not work with the K-Silver hall effect sticks (the Pro Controller-sized ones that come in a blue casing). The magnet holder only fits one way, it cannot be adjusted like this. See here.

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have similar issues and it is totally simple. You have to solder jumper wire on the board of the Joycon. The problem is you can not fix it with calibrating because without the jumper you do not have enough voltage for the typ of hall effect sticks. These are similar to the KSilver or should be KSilver joysticks. The guy from these tutorial explains it very well and for the right joycon it is easy to solder (big connection points) but for the left one it is really hard/tricky.

Tutorial:

If you want to have it without soldering you have to by the original Gulikits.

• Wow
Reactions: Nephiel

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's interesting... but this is a Pro Controller, not a Joy-Con.
Not really. The movie is about Joy-Cons and the initial thread topic also. So I got the point.
For the Pro Controller I see no problems because for the most sold joysticks you just have to do like someone wrote above with calibration over the "holes". I have these also installed ;-)

Reactions: impeeza and Nephiel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm