Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dsiblackandwhite580.jpg

"Looking to pick up a DSi at launch, but not sure what to do with your old DS Lite? Brits will be able to trade it in at their local GAME and pick up the new model for half price. That's £74.99, in case you're wondering. GAME's operations director, Robert Quinn, claims that the company will "have plenty of stock and some fantastic launch offers to give customers the best possible experience."

If you're not willing to part with your old DS Lite, the offer also extends to unwanted Xbox 360s, PSP-3000s and Wiis. To be honest, though, all of those are worth far more than the 75 quid you'd be getting in return. The DSi is released in Europe on April 3 and will retail for £150. That gives you plenty of time to hunt around the house for your old DS Lite box. You do still have it, right?"

Source

If for some magical reason they bring this offer over to the US, I would probably get a DSi.

PS: I wonder if they'll be selling the DSi that has TWO TOUCHSCREENS! (Exclusively at GAME)

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you sell stuff that's well over $170 for something you get half price? That's stupid. I'd rather trade in my PS2 to get one half price nonetheless my Wii, 360, or PSP.

Also, I lol the fact that the PS3 isn't on the list.

B

ball2012003

i wouldnt have to worry about losing my gba ability
since i have a ds phat and ds lite and i use my phat alot more so i dont care about my ds lite

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
name='taken' date='Feb 21 2009, 01:48 AM' post='1787746']
Exactly what Tanas said ... NOT A CHANCE in hell
Its a really good deal if you think about it, because if you already own a DS Lite and are thinking about buying the DSi.
By trading in your old DS Lite and getting £75 knocked off the price of the DSi and then you go out and buying a new DS Lite,
not only have you technically got yourself a DSi for £100 you also now have a brand new DS Lite as well.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Heran Bago said:
War said:
PS: I wonder if they'll be selling the DSi that has TWO TOUCHSCREENS! (Exclusively at GAME)
No. What are you talking about?

It was a joke, GAME accidentally put up an advertisement saying the DSi had 2 touch screens. This was quickly changed by GAME after they realised their mistake.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
if i wanted one of those pieces of s*it i would use this deal.

game are good for trade ins

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
To me this sounds too much like a maneuver of market to stop piracy around the DS scene... I mean, the DSi will have firmware that Nintendo is going to update regularly through DSware.. that means they'll be controlling the flashing and piracy behind the handheld way more than behind the old lite and phat... doing so, they'll basically take away your phats and lites and just give you a "better" and more controlled DSi... Also no GBA ability... T_T

If I had 2 different DS (or a PSP, but I don't even own one lol) I'd probably give in one for the DSi, but that way it looks too much suspicious to me...

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would take this stupid offer if it extended to PS2!!! I have about 100 games for it too! Jesus. If only DS Phat were tradeable too. Mind mine has recently a CHIP in it I just found this morning O.O it's fallin to pieces man, good thing I saved up for a DSi but I'm now gonna buy a black DSL (Just don't touch the shiny part if it's that bad)

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screw that, they didn't pull me in with their flashy commercials and they're not going to pull me in with some swanky deal, I wouldn't trade in my DS lite for this garbage if they were offering it for free

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)