Hacking Half of my Games aren't working on Atmosphere 0.16.2 :(

Aswilbourn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, long term follower of the forums but this is my first ever post. I’ll try and not make it too long winded but I want to give you as much detail as I can. I recently bought a second-hand switch for my nephew and have modded it with DeepSea, the full details of the Switch are below:

OFW: 11.0.0

CFW: DeepSea 1.9.2

Atmosphére 0.16.2 (Mesosphere opt-in)

Hekate 5.5.1

SD Card: 512GB FAT32

I am currently trying to load him some games on and am having mixed success. I am using the latest version of Awoo installer (In full mode NOT applet) and installing via USB from my computer (I have also tried via SD card). On some of the games I am getting an error ‘Invalid NCA signature detected’ but this error can be skipped and the games appear to install ok. However, when I go to start some games I get the ‘Unable to Start Software’ message. Some of these are rectified by installing the latest update but some just point blankly refuse to load even with the latest update.

All my games are in XCI format because my own Switch has SXOS on it and I find it so much easier to just drag and drop XCI files rather than having to install the game. All the games I have issues with are working fine on my own Switch running SXOS however I should point out the OFW on my Switch is 10.2.0 and not 11.0.0 like on this Switch.

Some of my Games are ‘Super’ XCI files as in they have updates and DLC included in the XCI file. These seem to be the ones that are guaranteed to fail however I have used NSC Builder v0.98 to split these files into separate game, DLC and update .nsp files and install them that way but am still greeted with the ‘Unable to Start Software’.

I also have some version 0.0 games with no DLC or updates included that are still getting the ‘Unable to Start Software’ message (for example Mario Party even after applying the update separately).

I have tried to use Goldleaf but when I open the version included with Deepsea I just get a black screen and when I download another version from the homebrew store I get the same.

I have installed the latest Signature packs available from the post by ShadowOne333 and have also download them directly to the switch using the option in Awoo and also using the AIO Update homebrew.

Sorry for such a large post but wanted to provide as much info as possible. Just to summarise I would say about 50% of installs are failing, it mostly appears to be on XCI files with DLC and Updates included but not always. All these files are verified as working on SXOS with no issues.

Aswilbourn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wahoo! Managed to find the problem....for some weird reason one of the Sigpatch folders was completely in the wrong directory?!?! Put it in the correct place and all games are now working....well apart from Mario party....I think that might be a ticket issue but am currently unable to open Goldleaf to take a look as it just flashes up a black screen then closes. Anyone any idea why it would do this or any other apps I can use to delete tickets?

Aswilbourn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario Party now working following a reboot. Looks like it was to do with folder structure...for some reason kip_patches folders was in the exefs_patches folder instead of directly under Atmosphere folder...not sure what caused it. Anyways all fixed now :)

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
thats why its always better to manually install everything yourself from what i see DeepSea 1.9.2 uses outdated Goldleaf that dosnt work on 11.0.0

Reactions: BigOnYa

Lucky13x

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello from me and happy new year...i manage to hack my switch just yesterday and after 15 hours i managed to make couple games to be playable ...and then i saw your posts...but i have no idea how to make the directory be OK...can u help me??

crowmine

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Press power+vol up+vol down to clear update cache. I don’t care what it is it worked. And no need to reply to this topic anymore. Thanks

Just registered to give you many thanks for that tip! I had the exactly the same problem and the trick solved the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs