Half life

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Digeman, Oct 14, 2007.

Oct 14, 2007

Half life by Digeman at 7:04 PM (912 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Digeman
    OP

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Hey guys, was just thinking about buying the orange box since it's got so many kewl games in it, and i've just gotta have portals! [​IMG] Anyways I was just wondering if anyone here could like just sum up what half life 1 was about and what happened so i understand half life 2 a little better [​IMG] Thanks!

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    gordan got analed...

3. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    Basically, Gordon Freeman (the character you play in HL2) was a worker at a top secret laboratory owned by Black Mesa. They were doing experiments on portal technology when something goes wrong, a dimensional rift appears and all these wierd alien thingies appear in our dimension. Gordon then has to escape from the bowels of the Black Mesa compound, up to the surface.

There's more to it than that (the G-man for example) but that's the basic gist of it.

4. shootme

Newcomer shootme Advanced Member

Norway
    Relly fast:
    you are gordon freeman, a scientist working at Black Mesa. you are currently working on teleportation when something goes terribly wrong and portals to otherworlds open and aliens come to earth. durring the game your objective is to get out of the black mesa fasility to tell the world what has happened.

or something like that, cant relly remember. many years since i played it now.

5. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
  6. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The story is about as prevalent as that of the Halo games. Meaning, it'll make little notice of itself in game. Whether this is bad or not I'll leave up to you to decide.

Then again, Valve was founded by people from Quake II's modscene [​IMG]

7. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Not to forget, the Military was called in. The first time you see them you think they are here to help you and all the scientists evacuate. In actual fact they've been brought in to 'silence' everyone involved in the incident. So not only do you have the fight the Xen aliens, but you have to fight the military too.

Also the Gman can be seen throughout the game, talking with people or watching you just out of reach. In the end of the game once you've killed the leader of the xen aliens that keeps opening these portals to our world the Gman says he's been watching and grooming you for his services. He gives you a choice (not a choice at all really) between death and coming under his 'employment'. He puts you into stasis, then you wake up at the start of half-life 2 not knowing at all what's going on.