Thank you very much, i will buy two SFC30.
Please can you tell me which firmware you use for controller and receiver?
Are you using two receiver or just one? 8Bitdo faq says this and i assume that it will not work for two players by just plug one receiver in "One power on with START+B, the other power on with START+B+R. Both working in mode 2, but with different key code, easy for you to map in game."
So after vigorous testing =D, finally. I have 2 receivers, they work perfectly fine. Basically I did what I posted just earlier.
So I had done some testing. The Receiver works great, but you need to set it up in RetroArch, all the buttons seem to work, but I think they set in the firmware that the D-Pad to Analog controls. The reason is when you first run a game in RA, it does not work on D-PAD.
I followed the instructions that I posted earlier that I found on Reddit:
Posted by rob3d on Reddit
Plug in your wired controller to the player 2 port to navigate the menus
Repeat for all dpad binds
- bring up RA options by hitting L+R+SELECT+START on the 8bitdo
- Plug in your wired nes mini controller to the player 2 port
- Choose settings with the wired controller
- choose Input
- chose Input user 1 binds
- Choose user 1 dpad up
- press a on the wired controller
- then up on the 8 bit do
After doing this I was able to bind them up. After the first one was bound, I plugged in my 2nd Receiver and then did the same except controller 1 is working. so no need to plug in a wired controller. After that saved, everything worked fine. Reminder you will have to do this process each time you flash new stuff, because the retroarch config gets overwritten.
SNES30 and SFC30 feel great playing just about any game from NES, Genesis, SNES, to arcade. I still didn't like the NES30 because of the form factor is rectangular like NES controller. Feels weird because of the L and R buttons. I don't own a NES30 Pro so I can tell, but the looks of it seems to feel similar to Wii Classic Controlller. I hope this helps on your decision. Now to finally enjoy playing lol.
Update 2.13e works wonders, no issues after using this. Much Appreciated @Cluster
All Patches can be found in their 8Bitdo forums, they are stickied in each forum.
Patch for Receiver Direct link: http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMxfGYxNjBlMTQ0fDE0ODgxMDI4NTN8MHwxNDA0
Patch for Controllers Direct link: FC30/NES30/SFC30/SNES30 Controllers http://forum.8bitdo.com/forum.php?mod=attachment&aid=NTMyfDI4MTAwNmUzfDE0ODgwMTgzNjV8MHwxMTc5
Easy steps after patching:
1. Plug receiver in player 1 port.
2. Plug wired controller in player 2 port.
3. Turn on NES Classic
4. For the 1st 8bitdo device, hold start to begin pairing mode. The receiver should also be blinking blue LED.
5. When paired should be solid blue on each.
6. Go to a game that uses RetroArch, once game is loaded hit (default Start+Select to get into RetroArch menu) on the 8bitdo controller.
7. On wired controller in player 2 port, navigate the menu: Settings > Input > Input User 1 Binds.
8. Go down to the user bind for directional, tap A on controller 2 to allow you to enter new binding, then on 8bitdo controller tap the corresponding direction.
9. Follow steps until all directionals are set on controller 1.
10. Confirm now with 8Bitdo device that you can move up and down through the menu.
*Steps below are only needed if you have 2 receivers like myself
11. Unplug 2nd controller and plug in 2nd receiver and pair that with 2nd controller.
12. Once paired, this time use Controller 1 to go back 1 menu to Input Menu, this time select Input User 2 Binds.
13. Follow steps from 8 to 10.
14. Presto, both controllers are now functional, enjoy your gaming
*PS I am not 100% sure if you need to do these steps if you re-flash due to the Retroarch configs get wiped. (If I am wrong that could be only if you re-flash RetroArch itself, if you just add games it should not affect it.)
As I stated I have one SNES30 and one SFC30, the reason I bought one of each is so I can differentiate between which one is Player 1 or Player 2 on the receiver, instead of labelling. Both cost the same when I bought it so.
I hope this helps with setting the controls up with it. If you need more help after this let me know =D Completed like 4 arcade games with some friends today, was fun