tangerines

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys

I had 8.0.1 Emunand (forgot which one, but maybe hidden partition?) with OFW 6.2, I completed reformatted the SD card with the Emunand on it, thinking I'd need to recreate it. However, everything still works on SX OS. When I go into settings, it still says Emunand 8.0.1 and I can play the latest release games.

Am I missing something? Do I have to recreate the Emunand anyway on the SD card. I am also using another SD card and switch them out regularly, do I have to also create an Emunand on the second SD card too? I am not sure how it all works.

Any help will be appreciated.

Reactions: NoNAND

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looks like you originally created EmuNand as Hidden partition, this creates a hidden partition of about 30GB or so on your SD CARD. When you format your SD CARD on your PC, the hidden partition doesn't get touched, you only formatted the DATA partition, doing this will loose your EmuNand profile and any NSP's that you have installed and save files.

If you want to use another SD CARD, yes you have to create another EmuNand, since your OFW is 6.2, when you create a EmuNand on another SD CARD, it's a clone of your OFW, the EmuNand will also be on 6.2. You will have to use choidujournx to upgrade the EmuNand firmware to 8.0.1.

In this scenario creating EmuNand as Files on microSD is preferred, because you can just COPY the EmuNand files to another SD CARD, for EmuNand as Hidden partition, you can extract the EmuNand files from the hidden partition but the process is a bit tricky, click HERE for more details.

Or you could just clone your SD CARD and dump it to your second SD CARD, the side of the SD CARD you want to dump it on must be equal or bigger than the clone image.
ADDED NOTES: Just request your post again, your second SD CARD could ALSO be EmuNand as Hidden Partition, if this is the case, then you don't need to re create EmuNand, only way to find out is to boot your second SD CARD.

Last edited by xs4all,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night