Had any horrible accidents?

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i was 26 , they found a brain tumor in my head big like a golf ball. So now i have a 4 inch scar on the back of my head where they extracted it (that was 9 years ago, June 24 1998). Left me completly paralyzed from the right side of the face for 6 months and deaf from the right ear forever. Yepeeee

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
When i was 26 , they found a brain tumor in my head big like a golf ball. So now i have a 4 inch scar on the back of my head where they extracted it (that was 9 years ago, June 24 1998). Left me completly paralyzed from the right side of the face for 6 months and deaf from the right ear forever. Yepeeee

Fortunately, you're still alive.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Omg some of you guys have had it rough
ohmy.gif

Worst I've had was back in March. I'd made a pizza and was trying to wash the ridiculously sticky dough out of a 15cm pyrex bowl under a running tap and the bowl slipped. Catching reflexes are not so fun when combined with broken glass
frown.gif
. I was fine, didn't feel a thing, panic or freak out over smashing something in my parent's precious kitchen sink. Then I nearly passed out, lol. All I got was a bloodstained piece of kitchen roll and two pathetically teeny tiny small cuts; one left a faint scar shaped like a "7" on my middle finger (which still hurts sometimes). Considering the number of big jaggedy glass chunks in the sink I'd say I got off pretty lucky
smile.gif

None of this explains how on earth a pyrex bowl can break when dropped 25cm
blink.gif

Oh, and I cut my sister's head open once. You know that cartoon gag where someone's about to sit on a chair and you pull it out from under them so they land flat on their ass? ...Yeah, don't do that. She got stitches and boy did I get shouted at. TV has a lot to answer for
hate2.gif

mehmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On 21th of June in 1999 my heart stopped. The doctors managed to get it working again. Reason for this was that my kidney didn't worked and i had a lung infection. I was past out for 11 days. The doctors said that i was going to die( not to me ofcourse i didn't remember anything). But i didn't die. So doctors can be wrong. But still both my kidneys for for 10%. Life IS strange!!!

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't had anything major, the odd gash here and there, and a couple of sets of stitches in my head.

I suppose the most 'interesting' would be when I was 13, I slammed my (heavy) front door and left my hand trailing just a bit too long. I obliterated the top third of my left ring finger, but somehow the bone was fine, it was just the soft tissue and my nail that asploded. It actually healed up surprisingly well, the nail grew back within a few months and the section of the finger is almost normal shape.

Oh, and I cut my sister's head open once. You know that cartoon gag where someone's about to sit on a chair and you pull it out from under them so they land flat on their ass? ...Yeah, don't do that. She got stitches and boy did I get shouted at. TV has a lot to answer for
hate2.gif
Don't let your bad experience ruin the fun of millions of children, I had that done to me and did that to a couple of my friends while I was in school, and the only result was hilarity.
lecture.gif

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't had an horrible accident , but I will tell you my worst. (I think , I don't know if I had an accident as an little children).

I was inline skating and there was this bridge.
And I tought it would be cool to skate it down because of speed , but i fell and slipped down the complete way (5meters or so).
My right legs skin was ripped of on one side from my feet till my knee.
Oww that did hurt !
The pain stayed for more than 5 days and I couldn't sleep and everything.
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I hear James Blunt and Mika I feel that my birth was an horrible accident.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when i was about 3 i had my dads T-shirt on which was touching the ground while i walked, So when i had my dad t-shirt on i walked into my livingroom and tripped over the the t-shirt and smacked my face of a glass table, Now that wasn't the worst of my problems when i fell my teeth went right through my tongue, Now here the disgusting part my tounge was hanging off so i got rushed to the hospital and while i was in the hospital they put me on a bed and held me down and stitched my tongue. Now i have a big scar from one end of my tounge to the other.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
On 21th of June in 1999 my heart stopped. The doctors managed to get it working again. Reason for this was that my kidney didn't worked and i had a lung infection. I was past out for 11 days. The doctors said that i was going to die( not to me ofcourse i didn't remember anything). But i didn't die. So doctors can be wrong. But still both my kidneys for for 10%. Life IS strange!!!

It sounds just like an episode of House
ohmy.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man some of you guys have had some tough experiences, no where near anything I have had to endure.
ohmy.gif

I think I've posted my only real story but I'll do it again.

When I was around seven I was outside playing with my dad and my brother, my mother called us all inside as dinner was ready. I yelled at my dad and brother that I was going to race them inside and took off!

Instead of heading to the back door and getting in a fight over the door with my brother I headed for the side door through the outdoor living area. The side door from the outdoor area into the house is a glass sliding door and back then my mum didn't have any of those warning stickers on the glass door, and she kept it spotlessly clean.

Going full tilt I crashed not into the sliding door but through it! The door exploded into a thousand pieces and I kept on running! I ran through the house freaking out as my mum screamed her head off, blood was flying everwhere!
When my dad and mum eventually pinned me down and took me to the doctor I needed something like 60 stiches to patch me back up. Thankfully none of the cuts was anything major, but I had no idea at the time.

Funny thing was my 2nd younger brother ran into the same door when he was around the same age, he only managed to crack the door, so I always give him crap about how he wasn't tough enough to smash it!
laugh.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
lucky me... mine isn't severe...

ok, so me and 3 of my brothers were playing starwars duels. throughout the game, Austin kept pissing off the loozer greg and blaming it on me. later on my turn, loozer greg toss the dice under the table to piss me off, I made him get it and he just tossed it toward Austin w/o looking and Austin cought and threw it at loozer Greg (he was getting back up) with all his might and you heard the pain and LG is like, "OWY!!!! who thew!? im a baby, waa waa" Austin points at me so LG throws the dice at me and it hurt so I was like, "AAGH! you faggot!!!!" he took off immediatley, I chased him. i caught him in front of the fireplace, pushed him into it, he kinda bounced back and i hit him. Tyler and Austin were trying to brake us up. tyler has loozer Greg and he hits me, I wasn't in a grip cuz I'm not spazzing out like he was, so I kick him out of Ty's grip. I look down and my toe next to my big toe is totally disfigured!!! "Aww CRAP!" apparently, it was sprained sometime during the fight, in 2 places. looks gnarly too!
biggrin.gif

I had crutches and I was on the couch and my Dad's checking my toe and the couldn't tell if it was broken or just sprained. I close my eyes cause it hurts and my Dad pops it!!! >:'O I think he did the second sprain right there!

I know one sprained was done cuz when I looked down, it was overlapping my toe "straight" not angled weird, then I put it back into place and Tyler was cussing out LG and I was crying...
cry.gif
tpi.gif

happened last summer....

My toe permanatly looks like... weird! post pics later...

Rayden: I'm not being an A$$ f@ce but do where an eye patch? wut do u do for halloween?

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man...

Age 14, I was stuffed in a boarding school because I was a "problem child". I went to bang on a window to get someones attention, one of those reenforced with wire windows... Put my hand straight through it and slashed my arm open. Wound up with 13 stitches. I actually clipped the main artery, but not enough to puncture it. Had I punctured it, doctors said I'd have been dead. The really amusing part is to get the attention of an adult, I had to walk into the dining room, my arm pouring blood everywhere, to find one. The 5-11 year olds were eating dinner. (And, after I arrived, vomiting in some cases.)

It's not every day you get to see the inside of your own arm. I don't recommend it, but it was interesting.

Age 17, the car parts store I worked at, they had a bunch of trailers, as in the type you hook to the back of cars, leaning against a wall. Someone clipped one, it fell, and the ball hitch hit me full force in the head. Wound up with a fractured skull and a pretty astounding concussion. I knew head injuries take 20 minutes to take effect, so I drove myself to the hospital before any "I am Napoleon" style symptoms kicked in.

Had a few others, but those are the main two "classics".

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I considered myself one of those precious few that never experienced a grievous injury at one point in my life – but a couple years ago, I pretty much lost that privilege in the span of at least a couple milliseconds. Believe me when I say it, sledding can be a lot more dangerous than it'd seem.

Essentially, I live near Philadelphia, where snow storms are far and few between. In about 2003 or 2004, we got slammed with a major Nor'Easter that, overnight, blanketed our area with closer to a solid foot of padded snow –– perfect sledding snow. It was a Friday, and school didn't open their doors that morning. Of course, my best friend and I decided to grab our sleds and hit up a local construction site for some of the most killer hills in a good ten mile radius.

The few of us hiked for two hours in deep snow through forests and across precariously frozen creek beds until we came across le grand cigar: a recent construction site. Mounds of dirt were littered through the fields, forming hills that ski lifts would be green over. Overjoyed by our accomplishment, we spread high-fives around like butter and sprinted to the very top of the closest one to us.

Looking around at the top was a totally awesome thing, you know? Although the skies were foggy with lifting snow, we could easily see the entire town curling around us. Really, at the very top of that man-made hill, we likened ourselves gods of the teenaged world. Nothing could stop us, I remember recalling. In fact, I remember nearly everything from that day.

Exhausted from the climb and the scene in tandem, I threw my best friend's green toboggan sled onto the powder and sat inside it to rest. At this point, my glasses (made from cold, cold glass) had fogged up completely from the heat of my breath –– the most I could see was the area around my glasses, which, with my eye sight, hardly qualifies as 'seeing'.

As I take deep breaths and let the cold air circulate in my lungs, I turn, facing the front of the sled with my boots and begin to feel the ground beneath me shiver and quake. Miniscule liquids in my ear shifted slightly, and damnit, I knew where I was going – but I was powerless to stop it. My green coffin cut through the snow like a knife through butter and sailed me directly into an orange construction fence. Facing my crash, I instinctually put my legs up in front of my face in order to catch myself from getting tangled in the little plastic web.

But, of course, I overestimated my velocity, and my knees shot like bullets directly into my face.

I don't really recall the pain, but I do remember falling backwards suddenly. After the ringing of a loud 'WHUD' noise in my head, all I could hear was the silence of the snow and my friends sliding down into the same fence. I tried to open my mouth to say that I really didn't make the landing like I'd hoped, but unfortunately, the left side of my jaw felt like it'd been clamped shut. The only side that I could speak out of was my right, which was colloquial to how Popeye spoke. Except, I had no corncob pipe.

I sat in the snow, groaning about my jaw and the searing pain pulsing through my skull. After about five minutes of laying in the same spot, my best friend finally sledded down to ask me what's up, and I said that I can't open my jaw.

He stayed calm, thank God, but I knew that I'd had a serious concussion. I couldn't stand up, and all I wanted to do was upchuck whatever orange juice was in my stomach at the time. He and my other friend used a yellow nylon rope to haul me almost half of a mile to his house, where they called my family to take me to the hospital.

To make a long story shorter, I ended up shattering my cheek bone and the curved bone that runs beneath your eyes (the orbital). Consequently, what was left of the cheek bone was forced down into the left side of my jaw mechanism and locked it closed. I was also treated with a major concussion, which suppressed my ability to have an appetite, the ability for my body to retain core heat, my ability to walk and my ability to speak coherently.

To top it all off, we were in the middle of a serious snow storm – the only surgeons qualified to preform facial reconstruction surgery were in the city and took almost three days to find the time to pop in to help me out. I did manage to get five plates in my face, but I also got almost 30 stitches in my left eye to close the incisions needed to install the plates.

And as an icing on the cake, the surgeons were still pre-med – they left one of the stitches too close to my eye, and that, when I blinked, would get forced down my eye. I didn't sleep for three days, until they were taken out.

So, In total, I lost 30 pounds in three days, got lots of metal plates in my face and acquired some bitchin' scars.

On the lighter side, it cured my chronic migraine headaches.
smile.gif

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
when i was like 7 yrs old i slipped and smashed my two front teeth.
it hurt like hell.
now i have two ceramic teeth as front teeth. and i can bite ice and feel not a thing ;-/

when i was a little older, maybe 8 but i dont remember, i was playing on a building lot in a not so complete house with a couple of friends.
the house had a gallery going from the basement all up to the 2nd floor and the balustrade was not yet installed.
i played with my friends on the 2nd floor when, all of a sudden i fell, but my friend grabbed my arm. under me 8 meters of air.
i wasnt hurt this time but he actually saved my live, i was scared to death though.
one traumatic moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0