Had an accident with my O3DS XL and now it cannot charge using the AC adapter

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Knight of Time, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Knight of Time
    OP

Knight of Time Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    Canada
    Hi all,

Lately I had a nasty accident with my O3DS XL that left it unable to charge up with the AC adapter (the slot I put the AC adapter into unfortunately got some damage I highly doubt I can undo).

So now, I'm thinking of buying a charging cradle for it as it may be the only way my system can charge up again...but I wish to know, how does a charging cradle charge up a 3DS? I presume it has something to do with the two gold/copper things on either side of where the AC adapter slot is, right?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Knight of Time, Jun 3, 2017
  2. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    You answered your own question :-) so yeah, buy a cradle and be a happy bunny :3

pokemoner2500 likes this.
  3. Knight of Time
    OP

Knight of Time Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    Canada
    Ah okay, thanks for telling me. Is Nintendo's online store the only place where I can buy an official cradle for the 3DS XL (not one made by a third party)?

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    You would probably be better paying to have the port replaced, a decent third party repair person should only charge a nominal fee for it as it's a simple job and would probably work out about the same cost or cheaper than the cradle

5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    They only cost about £10 - £15 ($15-20) on Amazon - probably cheaper on ebay (especially if you get a second hand one)... but if you can find some one that can repair it for less, that would be your best option. Afterall, you may find that whatever damage has been done also affects the docked charge points too.