ROM Hack Hacks That People Would Like To See (ANY GAME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a PDF reader would be SO awesome. but when it comes to games: i always thought Electroplankton was too limited, i think there should be a hack for Beatnes which turns on a loop. because in the game the pattern you make will start to disappear after (i think) 3 loops.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fully agree, a hack to use the d-pad or buttons with GH: On Tour would be awesome. I would say a hack for custom songs would be nice, but someone would have to make a song editor/creator for it first. Current GH song creators are designed for 5 frets, so surely it wouldn't work?

Anyway, a script editor for PW would be awesome. Also, allowing custom beat maps would be awesome. I realise these are all incredibly difficult requests though, so I don't really expect them to be done...

Adding multiplayer support in some games might be cool, and someone suggested GBA Wi-Fi. I'm not sure how difficult or hard that would be. Couldn't you kind of tell the game that the Wi-Fi is the link cable?

Meh, I wish you luck with these requests anyway, you'll need it.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would anyone be interested in a Dragon Quest 4 "Fanboy" patch of sorts? I'm probably going to start one as soon as the game is released to change all the enemy and spell names back to their originals defined in DW1-4, 7, Monsters 1 & 2 and the fan translations of 5, 6 and Caravan Heart, as well as remove the accents. (If they even still exist by the time it gets approved for distribution by Nintendo, which I doubt they'll let pass because it's too hard to understand for anyone without a fairly high level reading and comprehension ability. Pretend you're 8 or 9 years old again, and you'll understand.)

Seeing as though the text was really easy to edit in the Japanese version, I'm hoping it'll be the same for the English. As well, I'm REALLY hoping that the 5 and 6 remakes keep this format as well.

darksnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its possible for homebrews to have cheats, i would love some for tower defense. freaking invis enemies that i cant hit. psh
dry.gif

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
a PDF reader would be SO awesome. but when it comes to games: i always thought Electroplankton was too limited, i think there should be a hack for Beatnes which turns on a loop. because in the game the pattern you make will start to disappear after (i think) 3 loops.

I do believe that you can using the program picto DS to turn a PDF into a CBDS file usable with comicbookDS

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hack for Bangai-O Spirits to have levels as long as the Dreamcast/N64 versions.

Kinda too lazy to make them myself, but I'm sure someone is attempting them.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what would be good. If someone hacked New Super Mario Bros to add more levels or change the main character into like Samus. Same moves just different model.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't possibly list all of the hacks I'd like to see.

Mostly I'd love to see a few things though...
1)Custom Song hack tools for Taiko no Tatsujin/Ouendon,/EBA/GH:OT
2)I'd love to see a completely fan-remade version of LoZ:Phantom Hourglass, with more areas to explore that are harder, perhaps even a hacking tool allowing people to make these easier (to be able to see more around).
3)Some hacks for Stafi (the new one) :]

cjdogger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A hack that can extract songs into mp3 format onto the computer, a lot of people would like to see one for TWEWY.
A text editor would be good too, perhaps even making new moves as well?

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
There is a nintendo in-house project on bringing gold and silver to the DS.

But, i'd like something to make Diamond/Pearl just run *faster*, it's so slow sometimes, i remember being able to adjust the speed settings on the GBA emu's for ruby/sapphire, so much better!

P

pasc

Rod said:
I think it would be pretty interesting to see a hack with custom songs of any version of Taiko no Tatsujin DS.
happy.gif
I for myself would LOVE some custom songs in Elite Beat Agents...

Guitar Hero on tour will get customs anyway I guess, just EBA needs them even more !

Tony_92

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
pasc said:
Rod said:
I think it would be pretty interesting to see a hack with custom songs of any version of Taiko no Tatsujin DS.
happy.gif
I for myself would LOVE some custom songs in Elite Beat Agents...

Guitar Hero on tour will get customs anyway I guess, just EBA needs them even more !
I would LOVE to have ttfaf for ouendan or eba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls