Hacking Hacks still will not load after running channel on Gecko OS

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello someone told me that in order to run my downloaded SNES/N64 hacks I needed to run that channel on Gecko OS (the lastest one). Well I did that but the message said "SD card found no codes". Where am I supposed to put these codes? I have them in the codes folder. What else can I use for a solution to this? What are the different code applications that I can download (list the names please)? I have acclio and code downloader adn ocarina and mega code downloader but those don't seem to work. I want to load the codes badly. Do I need to re-configure the rebooter options and if so which ones do I change and to which status? Brawl+ works fine I believe.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you need 2 folders on root, "txtcodes" and "codes"

the .txt files go in txtcodes.

then you need to load up a program like "wiicm" that will turn the the codes you select in the .txt file into a .gct(wich goes in "codes" folder.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is WiiCM 2.1 a good code downloader program? And if not tell me which one I should google and download please. I can turn the codes all on with one simple click right?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't I get gecko codes on my wii then download them there? And after that I turn on "code manager"? I believe I already have txt codes but the SD card does not recognize them when I load them from gecko. Keep in mind I want n64/snes codes for my virtual console games.

Guys I have Acclio hacks but there are so few games that work for codes. N64 ONLY has SSB and that doesn't even hae NTSC so I have to set the codes to region free and download both. What do I do? Can't I use get a geckocodes download folder off of HBC if that's what you mean?

I HAVE them on my text codes folder but they still aren't loading. ARRRRRGH

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do guys? I have the codes already in my text codes folder but when I load them via gecko OS it shows no codes were found.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
What do I do guys? I have the codes already in my text codes folder but when I load them via gecko OS it shows no codes were found.

The TXT files are just the code lists. They do nothing.

Use something like Code Manager (you can get it from the homebrew browser) and turn the codes on. It will make a .GCT file in X:\codes.
The GCT files are the ones Gecko OS loads. They are just the codes stored in hex.

Hope I helped. If not, PM.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
Hope I helped. If not, PM.

You are soooooo going to regret saying that.

QUOTE(Fishaman P @ Sep 4 2010, 05:34 PM) Use something like Code Manager (you can get it from the homebrew browser) and turn the codes on. It will make a .GCT file in X:\codes.
The GCT files are the ones Gecko OS loads. They are just the codes stored in hex.

Also read the above Smashdude, sounds like you skipped that bit.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep and it overwrote my brawl wiird codes since the downloaded codes included different ones. So I am confused on which codes it would take into account. I have code manager 1.1,

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
smashdude said:
Yep and it overwrote my brawl wiird codes since the downloaded codes included different ones.

Shame

So I am confused on which codes it would take into account.

The ones you turned on

I have code manager 1.1,

Bully

What are the filenames of the GCT files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.