Hacking Hacks.ini and hacks_hash.ini not found in FAT or in NAND

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's what's happening; as you all know, I recently installed Priiloader as a way to enabled various hacks (region free, block all updates, etc) and I was pretty pumped about that. Well, I soon realized the hacks weren't being saved, so I turn them on, nothing. I go and see if there's a way to make Priiloader locate hacks.ini and hacks_hash.ini. Well, neither file loaded. The hack menu appeared originally but then it went away. In fact, it tells me that it can't find hacks_hash.ini on fat:/apps/priiloader despite the fact that I can see it on my computer. Not only that, but I even formatted my SDHC card to FAT32 as per instructions. How can the menu be there one minute and not the next? Why do people say it has to be in the SD card root or in the Priiloader folder? Which one is right? I have system menu 4.3U and downloaded the hacks_hash for that one, right region, right version. Why isn't it working/detecting my hacks_hash.ini anymore? Again, I've read numerous posts, but to no avail; some say hacks.ini while other say hacks_hash.ini. Do I need one or both? I have Priiloader 0.7 installed, HBC 1.0.8. But I need to mention that I changed a setting to "classic hacks.ini" save it, and that's when it all went to Hell. Stupid of me to do that.

Reactions: TonyNESgri

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
hacks_hash.ini is a newer method of applying system menu hacks while hacks.ini is the older method. It used to be required to be on the root of the SD Card but eventually, DacoTaco who made Priiloader, changed it so that the hacks_hash.ini is in the priiloader folder. I think you might want to try a different SD Card. As for the "Use classic hacks.ini", you might want to change that to no.

Just my few tips.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I tried that method, how do I know which one is the right hacks_hash.ini? I swear I tried downloading that from at least four websites. But let's say I use my 2GB SD card, the file loads up and I save the hacks I want to use, after that, I put my 8GB SD card (which has ROMs, emulators, etc), will I have to keep going back and forth between SD cards or will the hacks be saved to the NAND? Where can I get the right file? Heck, I even use MMM to see if I could force it to find the hash_hacks.ini but told me, "not found in NAND, checking SD....not fount in SD".

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
I believe hacks_hash.ini works on ALL System Menu. Once you it, you're good.

QUOTE said:
But let's say I use my 2GB SD card, the file loads up and I save the hacks I want to use, after that, I put my 8GB SD card (which has ROMs, emulators, etc), will I have to keep going back and forth between SD cards or will the hacks be saved to the NAND?

No. Once you configure it in Priiloader, hacks should be saved to the NAND so the SD Card wouldn't be required.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, for the love of all that's holy; this is starting to piss me off!
mad.gif
It still tells me "it can't find hacks_hash" in the Priiloader folder!! Okay, so I downloaded hacks_hash from both here - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/File:Priiloader_hacks.zip and here http://priiloader.googlecode.com/svn/trunk.../hacks_hash.ini and noticed something very odd about the one from wiibrew.org.. (the zip file) contained the line "re-enable bannerbomb" (first line on top), yet the one I got, which was from google code, did not contain that line. What the heck is going on here?! Is this why I'm not getting it to work? Could someone provide a link to one that works?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
sd:\hacks.ini

use modmii and download priiloader + hacks.ini

Then what the heck is up with the whole "not found in sd:/apps/priiloader" error message? Some FAQs say version 0.7 needs hacks_hash in the priiloader folder,
others say to have the hacks.ini in the SD root. This is why I'm confused. Some say one thing, some say another. Does it go in the apps folder OR in the SD card, and if so, which files, one, both or what? What goes where? Do I need BOTH files?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
hacks_hash.ini should be on the sd root (only once, they get copied to NAND)

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader

Right, and I though it was copied to the NAND already, but when I got rid of the unncessary files off the SD card, I thought "Oh! I can go ahead and turn the hacks on!" No such luck, it tells me that it HASN'T been found one the NAND, nor is it found on the SD card, DESPITE BEING ON THE SD CARD! It tells me that it can't find neither hacks.ini or hacks_hash.ini in apps/priiloader. This is starting to piss me off. That error doesn't make sense, as it tells me I have neither file, yet I'm being told I need to have hacks_hash.ini on the root, which I did earlier. Or so I thought.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc55dd5/n/sd_root.jpg

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc55dd6/n/...r_hack_hash.jpg

Which hacks_hash.ini needs to be downloaded, the zip or the one from google code? I fear lest something got royally screwed up in the firmware.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I still get the "not found in NAND" error even after thoroughly following these simple instructions, then there's something I probably jacked up. If there was only some way to find out if it was truly installed to the NAND...I'm just confused as to why it asked for both hacks and Hacks_hash.

EDIT Well, it found hacks_hash and I can see the list, but there's no option to save it! The only thing close I see is "classic hacks.ini" which is supposedly no longer needed, and if I use that, it it tells me if needs to be in the priiloader folder and not the root. So how do know if hacks_hash is already installed? Will I have to start everything over again? Only hacks_hash and not hacks is needed, right?

Edit 9:07AM (MST) I managed to get the hacks to show up, but I don't see anything called "wii region free" but I do see "REGION FREE EVERYTHING" Will that have the same effect? I mean gamecube and Wii games have no region lock?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
sd:\hacks.ini

use modmii and download priiloader + hacks.ini
Actually that isn't true. I told Daco Taco that it was stupid to move the location, but he did it anyway. Now everyone is just confused because he didn't make the logical choice. The hacks file needs to be in:
"FAT:\apps\priiloader\hacks_hash.ini"
FAT can be SD or USB.

@OP: If you followed mauifrog's guide, you will need a custom hacks_hash.ini file. Lucky for you I made on not too long ago. Save this to "FAT:\apps\priiloader\hacks_hash.ini" and try Priiloader. It will work for the regular SM as well in case you didn't follow mauifrog's guide.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Actually that isn't true. I told Daco Taco that it was stupid to move the location, but he did it anyway. Now everyone is just confused because he didn't make the logical choice. The hacks file needs to be in:
FAT can be SD or USB.

@OP: If you followed mauifrog's guide, you will need a custom hacks_hash.ini file. Lucky for you I made on not too long ago. Save this to "FAT:\apps\priiloader\hacks_hash.ini" and try Priiloader. It will work for the regular SM as well in case you didn't follow mauifrog's guide.

what about priiloader 0.4?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
JoostinOnline said:
FAT can be SD or USB.

what about priiloader 0.4?

I have version 0.7 installed, with the required files, and it seems to be working, and it must have been copied to the NAND. As a test, I loaded Donkey Kong Country Returns (which oddly enough prompted me to update when I used it a few months ago); well, I tried it with Priiloader and works like a charm. The guide really should point out the fact that you need both files (or file) in priiloader folder. Why it said hacks.ini instead of hacks_hash.ini is beyond me. The only thing left that worries me are import games, notably the ones that use PAL/50Hz. Unless of course Priiloader forces NTSC. Too bad they're so bloody expensive.

Dziadzi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You posted this in the summer of July, 2011, didn't you?:
ed about that. Well, I soon realized the hacks weren't being saved, so I turn them on, nothing. I go and see if there's a way to make Priiloader locate hacks.ini and hacks_hash.ini. Well, neither file loaded. The hack menu appeared originally but then it went away. In fact, it tells me that it can't find hacks_hash.ini on fat:/apps/priiloader despite the fact that I can see it on my computer. Not only that, but I even formatted my SDHC card to FAT32 as per instructions. How can the menu be there one minute and not the next? Why do people say it has to be in the SD card root or in the Priiloader folder? Which one is right? I have system menu 4.3U and downloaded the hacks_hash for that one, right region, right version. Why isn't it working/detecting my hacks_hash.ini anymore? Again, I've read numerous posts, but to no avail; some say hacks.ini while other say hacks_hash.ini. Do I need one or both? I have Priiloader 0.7 installed, HBC 1.0.8. But I need to mention that I changed a setting to "classic hacks.ini" save it, and that's when it all went to Hell. Stupid of me to do that.

Somethingthatidontcare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please summarize what to do and how to do it exactly because I'm very confused and have the same problem I think

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could someone please summarize what to do and exactly how to do it because I think that I have the same problem and I am very confused.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Could someone please summarize what to do and how to do it exactly because I'm very confused and have the same problem I think

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could someone please summarize what to do and exactly how to do it because I think that I have the same problem and I am very confused.
You need the hacks_hash.ini in /apps/priiloader/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.