Hackmii installer question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Goveynetcom, Oct 8, 2009.

Oct 8, 2009
  1. Goveynetcom
    OP

Newcomer Goveynetcom Member

United States
    I have the homebrew channel and the DVDx thing installed from the Hackmii installer (Homebrew Channel said to update and it brought me to the hackmii installer). I haven't installed the bootmii because I'm not sure how and I know that it can be dangerous. So I have a 4.0U wii that was originally a 3.4U until I used Waniniko's Safe Updater, so what should i set bootmii to install correctly?

2. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Bootmii dangerous? Since when? - nothing but good things come from installing Bootmii. Preferably install as boot2 instead of IOS if your system allows.

3. Goveynetcom
    OP

Newcomer Goveynetcom Member

United States
    Sorry didn't have time last night to say that it installed fine. I now have bootmii working on my wii.

4. MagusDraco

Newcomer MagusDraco Advanced Member

United States
    good, now go and make a nand backup of your wii in case you somehow someway semi brick it.

Also if you don't want it to stop at the bootmii channel every time you start the wii you can, after making the nand backup, either rename/remove the bootmii folder in your sd card to something else OR mess with the ini file and make it autoboot to the wii or hbc after a few second delay.

i think there's some sorta configurator program that'll do that for you if you don't wanna manually edit the ini file (not sure though)