Hacking Hacking Wii Save Files

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone have any experience in hacking Wii .dat save files ??

I am trying to edit the Harvest Moon Magical Melody save file using a hex editor but i am running into problems....

I have used hex editors quite a lot to find and edit values but this has got me a bit stumped , i am trying to manually edit the amount of money i have, i have changed my money in game 3 times and i have all 3 saves on my pc but the problem is, i cant seem to locate the areas i have to edit..

I have converted the decimal values to hex values but they dont seem right :

500 money = 1F4h
200 money = C8h
581 money = 245h

I cant search for 1F4 or 245 as they need to be in pairs and if i just search for C8 i am going to be there all year trying to find the right one..

Any have any suggestions on the best way to edit a save file ??

Thanks in advance

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pikachu025 said:
Wii saves are encrypted when copied to the SD card, so I doubt you can actually find and/or edit anything there...

Ahhh, that might explain a few things then lol , is there a way to decrypt them ??

gjac1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies
smile.gif

Videogamer555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a set of files from a data.bin save file, but not in the bin file (they are fully decrypted and in a .rar file that can be extracted). They've got names like ADVSV0.BIN, COLLECT.VFF, FILELIST.DAT, and BANNER.BIN. I need to encrypt these into a single data.bin file so I can use them on my emulator to play my backup SSBB with 100% unlocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)