[Hacking] Tinfoil getting corrupted after updating to 15.0.0

charlos3004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi, so I have updated Atmosphere and used All-In-One-Updater to update the Switch to the latest Firmware (15.0.0), also updating to the latest sigpatches, using sigpatch-updater. Everything works fine, the games that I installed through Tinfoil work, but when downloading Tinfoil's latest version, it says there is corrupted data with it.

The methods that I have tried for fixing it are:

Changing into a new SD Card(both being on FAT32)
Deleting everything from the SD Cards except the Nintendo folder, and reinstalling everything else again
Deleting the Tinfoil app, and using the Self-Installer after updating the sigpatches.

This is all I have tried, but I can't get it to work, so I don't know if its my fault or the 15.0.0 sigpatches aren't out yet, or Tinfoil hasn't updated the app to work on 15.0.0

Could any one help?

DonPaulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hopefully your tinfoil is fixed now, but just in case, they have updated tinfoil recently. Try checking it out :)

Sunkenknight38

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I have updated Atmosphere and used All-In-One-Updater to update the Switch to the latest Firmware (15.0.0), also updating to the latest sigpatches, using sigpatch-updater. Everything works fine, the games that I installed through Tinfoil work, but when downloading Tinfoil's latest version, it says there is corrupted data with it.

Deleting everything from the SD Cards except the Nintendo folder, and reinstalling everything else again
Deleting the Tinfoil app, and using the Self-Installer after updating the sigpatches.

This is all I have tried, but I can't get it to work, so I don't know if its my fault or the 15.0.0 sigpatches aren't out yet, or Tinfoil hasn't updated the app to work on 15.0.0

Could any one help?
I had the same issue, I was also unable to open cartridge games due to an error. A workaround to this was opening up the game using airplane mode. I think what happened was that after updating the firmware, incognito was not registered properly so what ended up happening was that the switch knew there was a problem due to it not being able to connect to the internet but did not know how to reroute itself since incognito was halfway registered which results in a crash. I assume you are using incognito to not connect to Nintendo servers, so try deleting the home menu tinfoil, download the most recent tinfoil, and most recent sig patches, delete and reinstall hbmenu.nro(the most recent was a couple months ago or a year ago) and then use tinfoil 15.0 installer under airplane mode. I was able to bypass corrupt tinfoil doing this. After doing this tinfoil no longer gave the corrupted symbol but make sure to open the newly downloaded tinfoil under airplane mode as well. It will tell you that it updated successfully. Press ok to everything you see fit and once finished close the app. you should be able to open up tinfoil without airplane mode now and no corrupt data. This worked for me but I tried different things, let me know if this worked out for you.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Could any one help?
I recommend giving TinWoo Installer a try. Its what I personally use and never have any issues while using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?