Hacking the overworlds & sprites in HeartGold.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Gtfo, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    Hi. I haven't been able to contact the guy who made the list. But I remembered something. To change the trainer sprites/bakcsprites/mugshots (not sure this one) you need to use PokeDSPicPlatinum. I attach the utilities, the number files and NARCExplorer to extract narc files (same as NitroExplorer). You need to change the pallet in the file [pallets], but sorry, I don't know how to do it, maybe you should ask in projectpokemon forums.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WNSI5CX6

2. Gtfo
    OP

Gtfo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2010
    Ugh, I feel like such a noob.
    I have no idea how to use those programs. WHAT DO I DO?!

3. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    Hi, just found something. While doing some hex checking to the 1 file, I found that the HM sprite are not in this file (that's why my list.txt didn't had the values, they didn't exist in that file), so, we will just figure it out in where file is. Probably, in some "overworld animation". I can remember I saw long time ago a topic where many files of HGSS had the number (root/etc/etc...) and what it had inside, it was for hacking purposes. I'm searching for the topic.

BTW, I could check all the sprites using crystaltile2 (man, I LOVE this program)

For the other things, I'm beginning to use a little PokeDSPicPlatinum, so wait a little and I'll have some sprites changed [​IMG]

4. Gtfo
    OP

Gtfo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2010
    Oh, thanks! I really appreciate all the help you're giving, I really do [​IMG]
    It's just that I have no clue when it comes to hacking or whatever, just really good with pixel art & sprites.

5. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    I really don't know anything in hacking, I'm just too curious =P
    And, with many tutorials out there, I can do something. I'll be working on this!

6. Jman1070

Jman1070 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    So how has the Kanto remake coming? I like the Red sprites, but his eyes are too shady.

7. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    The sprites were made from the ingame sprite, that's why his eyes are like that.

8. Jman1070

Jman1070 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    What programs are you using to edit the rom for HG/SS?

9. Gtfo
    OP

Gtfo Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2010
    Hey Necron,

Sorry for the disappearance, I've been busy with school.
    Have you had any progress with the hack?

I still need to edit the following:
    - Replace the trainer sprite of Red
    - Change the name of "PKMN Trainer Red"
    - Change the back sprites
    - Change the mugshots
    - Change the trainer sprite on the trainer card (Not really necessary)

10. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    Hi, sorry, I've been busy with my things too (but after the 14th I'll be free). I have the programs but I haven't had the time to do some testings and changes. Expect news in a few days.

11. Zerox8610

Zerox8610 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    Umm so is this going to be turned into a full blown hack or just a small project to get Red changed into the player??