Homebrew Hacking *New* 3DS and then transferring from old hacked 3DS XL

0bvious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an old 3DS XL. It is hacked with many many CIA games, retroarch forwarders, as well as GBA and DS installs. A few games were bought from eshop.

I am thinking of getting a NEW 3DS unit, hacking it and then transferring everything over, basically to replace my old unit with something more pocketable. I would like to just have the exact same setup, but on the new unit.

Are there any guides which go over this whole process? I searched around, and found this old comment about it, but not much detail.

Thanks

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure! I actually did this same thing myself not too long ago. The first thing you'll want to do is install Luma on the new console. You can do that at https://3ds.hacks.guide. After your console is completely finished with the process, make sure all gamesaves of importance to you are safely backed up with JKSM, just in case. Then, use GM9 to dump your games as .cias. After that, if I recall correctly, you should be good to perform a normal System Transfer. After you do, you can just re-install the games and restore the saves! Hope this helps! (:

0bvious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what you should do.

Step 1. CFW your New 3DS
Step 2. Backup Save Files with Checkpoint
Step 3. System Transfer from Old 3DS XL to New 3DS
Step 4. Use Faketik to restore illegitimate titles.
Step 5. Enjoy your new 3DS, and restore saves if necessary.
Thank you! Much appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night