Hacking it for GBA emulator can you still Remote play with PS4

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SomeGuy7337, Jul 16, 2015.

1. SomeGuy7337
    OP

SomeGuy7337 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    So basically put it in the title. I would like to hack the PS Vita to allow me to run GBA Games, and few other ones that have an emulator that will work on it. I still want it to work with Remote Play and PS Now. Wondering if it viable to hack and still allow it to work with the PS4?

2. Xenon Hacks
    This message by Xenon Hacks has been removed from public view by T-hug, Jul 16, 2015, Reason: off topic.
    Jul 16, 2015
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    There was a PSP exploit game announced yesterday, with it you'll be able to install VHBL when they port it over, which will let you run emulators while still keeping PS4 Remote Play and PS Now. The only problem is, once Sony updates the firmware to block the exploit, you won't be able to use Remote play and PS Now until you update, which would then remove the exploit. So you're stick between either wanting GBA Emu's or PS Now/Remote Play.

SomeGuy7337 likes this.
  4. Blebleman

Blebleman GBAtemp Old-Timer

Nov 14, 2003
    Canada
    Chiba Prefecture , Japan
    I updated to finally be able to use Remote Play and I forgot all about homebrew within seconds... Seriously, Remote Play is marvelous.

5. SomeGuy7337
    OP

SomeGuy7337 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Dang It. I'm guessing they are trying to stay on top of exploits and allowing both homebrew and their PS Now/Remote Play. Thanks.