Hacking Hacking info & flashcarts

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey people... ok so this is the first time ive checked this forum on 3ds hacking in quite awhile probably about 3 months. When looking through the stickies and other threads i cant really tell if hacking the console is any closer or what headway has been made. :wacko: So i guess my question is what is happening recently? is anybody working on hacking the 3ds or has everybody giving up or something i mean the vita was released after the 3ds and it is hacked so.... Anyway any info would be great thanks

Ok my next question: i have owned a 3ds console and an acekard 2i since they have both been released. recently the ak2i has altogether halted in software updates and ive read that it may not work and needs new hardware. why is this? Also if i go out and buy a dstwo is it safe to say that this wont happen to that flashcart as well or is there a chance even with increased space and cpu?:unsure:

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers...

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey people... ok so this is the first time ive checked this forum on 3ds hacking in quite awhile probably about 3 months. When looking through the stickies and other threads i cant really tell if hacking the console is any closer or what headway has been made. :wacko: So i guess my question is what is happening recently? is anybody working on hacking the 3ds or has everybody giving up or something i mean the vita was released after the 3ds and it is hacked so.... Anyway any info would be great thanks

Ok my next question: i have owned a 3ds console and an acekard 2i since they have both been released. recently the ak2i has altogether halted in software updates and ive read that it may not work and needs new hardware. why is this? Also if i go out and buy a dstwo is it safe to say that this wont happen to that flashcart as well or is there a chance even with increased space and cpu?:unsure:

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers...

If no one answers it is because reading a few threads about firmware updates on the 3DS would answer all of your flash cart questions.

The other part about the 3DS being hacked is a little more complex, it's closer to being hacked and there is currently a project going for funding for a decap. So that might help things or it might not. Also some other people have made some headway in the software end of things, but either way it's going to be a long wait if your looking for something resembling the DS scene.

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok but could the dstwo be blocked similar to the acekard was? What I'm trying to ask is: is it safe to buy the dstwo as a replacement to the acekard or could it be blocked in a similar manner in another firmware update?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo seems to want to block flash carts this time around and takes the time to do it. As they have more or kicked the others in the head the supercard is now a prime target.

Thus far the Supercard team being relatively active and their DSTwo being somewhat more updatable than most has rendered them able to dodge most issues where others might flounder. That said Nintendo could still come up with something new (right now as far as blocking stuff goes Nintendo is barely dipping their toe in the water)- the real trick is don't do updates.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

midnight1001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok thanks people so there is always a chance that a flash art may be blocked permenantly by an update. It's just that I'm thinking about buying a dstwo and just wanted to know if it was worth it as I still wanna update to a new firmware especially to get new features like miiverse and access the eshop. Thanks
Just have a feeling I'll buy it and then it will be blocked like acekard...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte