ROM Hack Hacking gyakuten kenji, translation hack help!!!

MeleeMaster500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some strange reason, my previous topic became locked, seemingly out of nowhere... i have absolutely no idea who did that or for what reason they did so, but i request that should this topic be once again locked, that the person who locked it AT THE VERY MINIMUM at least post or otherwise tell me the reason why they did so.

that said, i will continue the topic from when it last was:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158...p;#entry2022400
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I ran the suggested hex editor on the romfile.bin file, and got a bunch of data that i have absolutely no idea of how to read, inexperience with hex editing and all...

but here is a screen cap of what it put out:
screen.jpg

If you can interpret the data from this to any degree of helpfulness, that would be much appreciated so that i could get this project going

MeleeMaster500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but being impatient and satisfied by simple translation, i think i'll go ahead and try.

manual hex editing sure seems like a bit too much for this project. the files should be in a similar format to the previous PW games, but the main problem is knowing which files in the romfile bin is the script. i'm not sure if the non-script files should be at least convertable with PWSE, if they are, then i definitely am getting an error with PWSE in the first place.

jimdavisrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]If you can interpret the data from this to any degree of helpfulness, that would be much appreciated so that i could get this project going
[/quote]

Not sure if this will help, but I experimented with the unpacked rom, opened up pwse 2.0, clicked "Make a script archive from a folder" clicked on the NDS unpack folder, clicked the "open" button and you could save the .mes_all.bin file.
I hope this helps in some way, because you said you couldn't find the .mes_all.bin. I'm also trying to hack this game, so I'll need help with it.

MeleeMaster500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean "save as mes_all.bin" right?

cause PWSE is designed to recompile the files into the mes_all.bin file, not the romfile that this game has

Paco96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...when...will...someone...post? i have looked at this thread since it was up and no one has posted beyond the previous statement. im one of those ppl who like 2 be well informed. dont wanna sound like a bad person or nothin but i was rly lookin 4ward 2 ppl posting stuff on how 2 do this. oh and the link above somewhere. does not work...
mad.gif

the link works again... when i tried it b4 it wouldnt work... still would like updates though.

DISREGARD ALL OF THAT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1