ROM Hack Hacking duped firmwares?

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently downloaded a DS Phat firmware duped to NDS, I'm afraid I can't post it to GBATemp cause they don't let people post roms... But, is there a way I can hack the graphics?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have yet to bother to play with the firmwares gone ROM but I assume it is just the firmware with the appropriate copy/entry point and header added. Short version is yes you can edit it but it will take an awful lot of effort.

The DS firmware is a complex mish mash of compressions, encodings and oddities once you get past the basic settings. There is a program to decompress it which you can read about on http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12270 (download it too if you want). It should include source code which is nice as there is no way to reassemble it afterwards that I know of but if you are truly set on it then that would be where I start to look for things.

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to bother to play with the firmwares gone ROM but I assume it is just the firmware with the appropriate copy/entry point and header added. Short version is yes you can edit it but it will take an awful lot of effort.

The DS firmware is a complex mish mash of compressions, encodings and oddities once you get past the basic settings. There is a program to decompress it which you can read about on http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12270 (download it too if you want). It should include source code which is nice as there is no way to reassemble it afterwards that I know of but if you are truly set on it then that would be where I start to look for things.

Oh yeah, and how toI make my own themes on R4i SD-HC dual core? I found this cool Pokemon X & Y theme that I wanna make even cooler!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night