Hacking a Wii with out using SD.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by abel009, Apr 15, 2010.

Apr 15, 2010
  1. abel009
    OP

Member abel009 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    OK, is there a way to hack a wii with a malfunction SD slot? i mean just installing the HBC with a USB instead of using a SD cause my wii has a malfunction with reading SD and i bought 4 different ones but my wii can read any and yes all of the SD are formatted to FAT. Is it possible? does my wii have any change on enjoying homebrew!

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    only way is if u hardmod it... u can't softmod it without using the sd card slot

3. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
  4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    BannerBomb, Smash Stack, and all those only look on the SD slot, not the USB drive. So it doesn't matter what kind of usb drive it is or what it's formatted to, you're not booting anything off of those.

5. C175R

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    I think mauifrog is telling him to format the SD Card that doesnt work by using that. not the USB.

6. abel009
    OP

Member abel009 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    yes its a virgin 4.2, i got it for free but as far as i understand it cant b modded without a SD unless the hacking tools are modded to boot dols from a USB instead of booting from SD? Am i right? :/

7. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Even if exploits are recoded to make them work from usb you still need to transfer the save file needed for the exploit (lego indiana jones for ex.) or in case of super smash stack you need to have the stage file on sd card. Much the same for Bannerbomb...

If it was an old system like 3.2 there was the option of booting trucha signed discs, then you need a chip to boot the disc...

Yes, there is no way, just get the sd slot fixed...