GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
i know i made a topic about buying a psp, but a friend of my aunt has a PSP, and i remembered she asking me before if i know how to hack it... and now i asked her if she wants me to do it ( i've been reading the guides) i think its a 1000 or 2000...

COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME OR LINK ME TO ANOTHER TOPIC on how to sucessfully softmod it?

and what are the risks of a full brick? and a semi brick? and can these models use a pandora battery? if so, if they can use a pandora battery, i can sucessfuly recover from a full brick?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 1000's and certain 2000's are able to run Full Custom Firmware and full and semis bricks can be fixed with pandora.

Certain 2000's and up can only run Light Custom Firmware, but cannot run pandora, so full bricks means time for new psp.

Just go to the stickys and they should be able to explain it in more detail.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
how can a full brick occur?

what about semi bricks on certain 2000's models and up?
A full brick can occur as if, say, you delete or mess up anything in the flash. If it's a full brick, the psp will just turn on and off and you can't access the recovery menu.

And for semis I think there was a app just made to fix semi brick, I think.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
delete or mess up anything in the flash? this includes just installing CFW to play backups? thats all i want xD
Well no, certain apps do mess with the flash (Like Hellcat's Recovery and Total noobs Recovery menu) But yes, if your psp was to turn off during install of CFW, than that would be a full brick. Make sure it's fully charged before doing anything like that with it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
and how can i find out which 2000 version she has and how can i find if its recoverable from a full brick or not?
You would want to use the hen (Depending on what fw she's on if you can) and run PSPisdent. It will tell you the motherborad version, which will tell us if it's full or semi hackable.

Though I would suggest going to this FAQ for more info.
http://gbatemp.net/t268289-psp-hacking-mod...-a-q-start-here

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
well... im planning on getting a psp for me too, but the ones found in retail sortes are 3000... are the chances of bricking very high? i dont wanna brick it as soon as i get it... and if i brick it, cant i just return it to the store saying it doesnt work? xD

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
well... im planning on getting a psp for me too, but the ones found in retail sortes are 3000... are the chances of bricking very high? i dont wanna brick it as soon as i get it... and if i brick it, cant i just return it to the store saying it doesnt work? xD
Bricking is very small with 3000s.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Don't listen to Duskye, he doesn't know what he is going on about and he is clearly doesn't know about the new CFW ways.

Follow the FAQ sticky (its there for a reason) and it'll answer everything you need

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Don't listen to Duskye, he doesn't know what he is going on about and he is clearly doesn't know about the new CFW ways.

Follow the FAQ sticky (its there for a reason) and it'll answer everything you need
Excuse me?

What have I said that is wrong? And for your infomation, I do know about the the CFW ways.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Duskye said:
prowler_ said:

Excuse me?

What have I said that is wrong? And for your infomation, I do know about the the CFW ways.
Then you would know every PSP aside from 9g 3000s that are lower than the new firmwares are fully hackable and there is no need for pandora or pspident

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Duskye said:
prowler_ said:

Excuse me?

Then you would know every PSP aside from 9g 3000s are fully hackable and there is no need for pandora or pspident
Of course I know that, and their is a need for pandora for hacking in case of a brick and pspident makes it easier for us too see what motherboard he has.

Am I wrong?

All I'm trying to do is help the guy with hacking his psp. I know what I'm talking about, I've hacked my friends 2000 with hen (But then he update even though I told him not too.)

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
not wanting to say that duskye wasnt help me till now!! but seeing as prowler_ question made me look more safer, what about if the 2 of you pm me your msn or something easier to contact ( instead of spamming the forum ) and both help me with this? xD

i'd be gladly 1 member plus to join the psp scene
biggrin.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Duskye said:
prowler_ said:
Duskye said:
prowler_ said:

Excuse me?

Then you would know every PSP aside from 9g 3000s are fully hackable and there is no need for pandora or pspident
Of course I know that, and their is a need for pandora for hacking in case of a brick and pspident makes it easier for us too see what motherboard he has.

Am I wrong?
Unless you're on the new firmware then you would need a pandora but the way the PSP scene is going, that won't be needed.

Fully bricking a PSP is a very high chance considering you do things right in the guides.

Pspident is no longer needed since PRO-B5 (don't know about the other PRO firmwares) shows you the motherboard version (which you only need to know if you've got a 3000) in the system settings.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
not wanting to say that duskye wasnt help me till now!! but seeing as prowler_ question made me look more safer, what about if the 2 of you pm me your msn or something easier to contact ( instead of spamming the forum ) and both help me with this? xD

i'd be gladly 1 member plus to join the psp scene
biggrin.gif
If you really want that, if prowler wants too we can.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Duskye said:
prowler_ said:
Duskye said:
prowler_ said:

Excuse me?

Am I wrong?
Unless you're on the new firmware then you would need a pandora but the way the PSP scene is going, that won't be needed.

Fully bricking a PSP is a very high chance considering you do things right in the guides.

Pspident is no longer needed since PRO-B5 (don't know about the other PRO firmwares) shows you the motherboard version (which you only need to know if you've got a 3000) in the system settings.

Well, I've used the other pros before, and it's new to me that it can show you the motherboard number. Though I'm just saying if he happen to be on one of the other hens it would useful. And pandora is still useful in case you do happen to brick, you never know what might happen.

I'm sorry if I'm not that well verse with the new CFW, I'm just trying to help the guy is all.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
All you had to do is link to the FAQ sticky instead of encouraging more people to make useless threads like this.
Yeah, that would would be best, sorry about that. I'm just so use to saying all that stuff that it becomes a habit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night