Hacking a 4.3u wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Grimm, Jun 30, 2012.

Jun 30, 2012

Hacking a 4.3u wii by Grimm at 8:14 PM (458 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Grimm
    OP

Newcomer Grimm Advanced Member

United States
    It's been awhile since i've posted here at the temp.. I'm not certain i've ever posted in the Wii section but I used to poke around the DS area a bit.

Awhile back I used the twilight hack to install the homebrew channel and then ran some homebrew on it but that was as far as I got into 'modding' it. When I bought New Super Mario Bros. it forced me to update in order to play the game so the homebrew channel went away. The wii is connected to a wireless network and I use it for Netflix almost daily.

My question is that I have an early 4.3u wii that i'm considering modding. I've read up on Modmii a bit and even downloaded and created a memory card with my preferences for a mod, as well as going through the custom tutorial for installing everything. I noticed that the first couple steps are just to get the homebrew channel installed and was wondering if it would do any harm to install just the homebrew channel for running emulators and such and not mod it any further.

What do you guys think?

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's definitely safe to stop after installing the Homebrew Channel, if that's what you're asking. However, it's recommended that you follow ModMii's instructions and install all of the recommended IOS files and whatnot for both functionality and security. For example, Bootmii and Priiloader are there for your Wii's protection. Likewise, you may end up wanting to use something that requires the use of a cIOS later.

Again, I recommend you just follow ModMii's instructions.