Domo Arigato!
wink.gif

simpet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i literally did one today

i used bannerbomb, placed boot on SD and wadmanager.dol, HBC in wad, loaded up and installed HBC with wad manager

done, HBC - i had to as my zelda disk scratched to hell, to be honest alot easier

first time i did it on 3.3e, works on all versions

i recommend downgrading to 3.2e

hope this helps

if need any help just ask

Vegeta

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why should I downgrade to 3.2e?

Also, should I not install HBC with HackMii?

What is the best way to backup the NAND? Do I need to backup my firmware? If so, which program?

I want to prevent any chance of bricking my Wii. Do I need to do any of this cIOS stuff with my Wii?

Also, what is the best backup launcher for playing Wii and Gamecube games from disc?

Sorry for all the n00b questions, only had my Wii for a day
biggrin.gif

simpet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vegeta said:
Why should I downgrade to 3.2e?

Also, should I not install HBC with HackMii?

What is the best way to backup the NAND? Do I need to backup my firmware? If so, which program?

I want to prevent any chance of bricking my Wii. Do I need to do any of this cIOS stuff with my Wii?

Also, what is the best backup launcher for playing Wii and Gamecube games from disc?

Sorry for all the n00b questions, only had my Wii for a day
biggrin.gif

i installed HBC with bannerbomb, quite straight forward

back up nand would be to use bootmii, can copy nand to sd and then can save on pc, would need another sd because would need formatting

what i'm lead to believe cIOS are patches of IOS's, to prevent bricking i use preloader with hacks.ini - i use 0.28 on 3.2e

the reason i say to downgrade to 3.2e is becuase i find it better to play backups through game channel using cioscorp than 4.0e

i use usbloader coverflow (my pref) to play my backups

if you was going to use usbloader i would say doesnt matter what firmware ur on

these are my opinions - hope this helps

no noob question, thats what forums are for, anymore help to go into more detail, just ask, i softmod my friends 3.3e just yest

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes you should install hbc with HackMii not wad manager. Easier and legal. (which i dont THINK installing it as a wad is, but i may be wrong). back up nand with BootMii. I'd advise installing Preloader as well, because your wii is new so wont have a vulnerable boot2, so you'll need preloader for brick protection, but install bootmii as IOS. If you can install it as boot2, go for it and forget preloader, but i doubt you'll be able to.

Vegeta

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So the proper way to play Wii backups is to install a backup loader and a variant of cIOS36 only and to play GC backups, install a GC loader with a variant of cMIOS only?

I don't need to do anything else right? I am still on firmware 3.3E, I don't need to downgrade to 3.2E right?

Also, is there any way I can uninstall BootMii manually? I'd rather use Preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE