Hackers defy SCEA lawsuit, release all tools to public

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have to wonder, I've never own a PS3, but I wonder if this would have happened to this level if Sony never took away OtherOS or Backwards Compatibility.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ShadowSoldier said:
I have to wonder, I've never own a PS3, but I wonder if this would have happened to this level if Sony never took away OtherOS or Backwards Compatibility.
Really, I think if they just left that alone, no one would have really cared about hacking the PS3. So from the looks of it, Sony created their own demon.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Hindsight speaking, no, it wouldnt have happened TO THIS EXTENT, but whatever would have happened, Sony would've still sued to minimize the profit loss of manufacturing of the PS3.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't sony be sued for removing things from the system such as backwards compatibility since that was one of the selling points for the system originally? it really angers me that companies can do what they want freely with no recourse but the user can not. sure, it may be created by sony but how can u remove things that may have been the original reason someone bought the thing to begin with?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
Sony is too ignorant to tell the difference; to them; hacker/ing = pirate/acy.

Sony is a greedy son of a bitch (like all game corporations)

any form of hacking is turned into a scare of losing money...

even though they are billionaires already!
angry.gif

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisrlink said:
if sony was smart they'd alow homebrew them selves just go afterr the piraters

When OtherOS was on here most things people want as homebrew could run. From what I have seen in the past is that most people want to mod systems to run linux on it and piracy comes from some one else. Since the PS3 had linux already there was no need to hack it other then for piracy.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
Hotz and fail0verflow will spend the next few years in jail, just because of Sony's ignorance and greed.

FUCK YOU SONY, FUCK YOU

Actually, it's very doubtful Sony will win. Apple tried to take down Geohot and they couldn't. Apple are a much bigger company then Sony, so they have a lot more money for lawyers, yet they couldn't touch Geohot.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
godreborn said:
can't sony be sued for removing things from the system such as backwards compatibility since that was one of the selling points for the system originally?

No because it's still in the original PS3's or whatever. The newer ones don't advertise that at all. And even then, that's not illegal.

QUOTEApple are a much bigger company then Sony

Wait.. no they aren't.

Sony makes TV's, phones, cameras, game systems, mp3 players, laptops and a bunch of other stuff. Apple makes iPods/iPhones, Macs, and Laptops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: