Hacker group Anonymous, Who are they?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me about this hacker group known as anonymous I would like to no more about them. About what they stand for and who they are. Are there any anonymous members out their that can explain to me what you do and why you do it. Just curious I really can't find anything beyond your a hacking group and that's it.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
The word Anonymous basically means a wish to remain unknown,

So the fact that nothing is known about them is kinda the point ;)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's difficult to nail down exactly what they believe because they have no central leadership and no identification, so basically anybody can be Anonymous. That being said, most things done in the name of Anonymous, as far as I am aware, seem to be a fight against censorship and oppression and giving power to the little guy.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They are a group of hackers known as Anonymous, that's pretty much it
There is no set leader, hangout spot, requirements, ect. It's pretty much anyone who feels like dubbing themselves as Anon.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anonymous is a collective of internet hackers, using their numbers and skills to crush their enemies. Sometimes they strike for justice, sometimes they strike for their own amusement, but either way, their attacks are swift and cruel.

Well, that's what they'd tell you, anyway.

In reality, it's mostly a bunch of 12 year olds and neckbeard who browse /b/ and think they're hackers because they can manage a DDOS every now and then.

Reactions: nryn99 and Ergo
D

Dork

Anonymous is a collective of internet hackers, using their numbers and skills to crush their enemies. Sometimes they strike for justice, sometimes they strike for their own amusement, but either way, their attacks are swift and cruel.

Well, that's what they'd tell you, anyway.

In reality, it's mostly a bunch of 12 year olds and neckbeard who browse /b/ and think they're hackers because they can manage a DDOS every now and then.

4chan is so underground :^)) sekret club

Slamicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anonymous is just the concept of being able to be anonymous. Really, that's all. Anonymous activism, often promoted through hacking (or "hacking"), is just doing stuff anonymously. The only thing in common between all anonymous activist groups is that they all follow the philosophy of not having hierarchy or identification. Other than that, they might have completely contrasting ideals or goals.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4chan is so underground :^)) sekret club

As a fa/tg/uy, this is just /b/. A lot of the other boards legitimately get shit done and actually have some semblance of culture.

Anyway, Anonymous is just a bunch of people who chose to call themselves anonymous. On 4chan, it's anyone who doesn't use a name or tripcode, elsewhere, it's what people call themselves while trying too hard to be internet vigilantes. Reason that started was because /b/ used to do stupid shit to habbo and second life called raids and eventually that got attached to anonymous through fox news. It used to be fun, now it's just dumb. Club penguin raids are usually moderately entertaining though.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it really isn't anything to be worried about but what about Paypal? I heard off an article that the group brought down that website during 2010 so there has to be some decent hackers in this group?

tickle.my.pickle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
959363.jpg

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone tell me about this hacker group known as anonymous I would like to no more about them. About what they stand for and who they are. Are there any anonymous members out their that can explain to me what you do and why you do it. Just curious I really can't find anything beyond your a hacking group and that's it.

ME4Kf.gif

There's a reason it's called anonymous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1