Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Today PS3 hacker Mathieulh reports finding a PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.56 exploit, although he states he has no plans to give any further details about it.

To quote from PSX-Scene (linked above): Well-known hacker Mathieu Hervais has reportedly found a bug that allows exploiting metldr, the bootloader and firmware version 3.56. Unfortunately, he refuses to release it.

Originally Posted by Mathieulh (via Twitter):

I hesitated a lot before tweeting about it, but a bug allows exploiting metldr, the bootloader and 3.56+. I don't intent to ever unveil it.

So much for "unhackable" PS3s though... I am not giving any further details about it. Sorry.

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/ps3-hacke...e-3-56-exploit/

Is he telling the truth? He does have an established reputation.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talk about being a troll. If you don't have plans to release something to the internet, then don't even mention it. Now he just looks like an attention whore.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Yeah but will we get arrested for watching his YouTube videos?
My sources say yes....
tpi.gif

And I think he would release it if Geohot wins.....otherwise its just too risky for him

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Talk about being a troll. If you don't have plans to release something to the internet, then don't even mention it. Now he just looks like an attention whore.

Well he probably said this not to be an attention whore, but to tell others it is possible and so others can try and he won't be sued for giving anything away, right?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tonitonichopchop said:
Please, everybody, stop screaming "attention whore" at every single thing an hacker says
tongue.gif

He said that to let other hackers know that an exploit _exists_ and that they just have to search for it.

Seeing the latest things Sony did to hackers, I can't blame him if he doesn't want to be the one to release it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Just to people like you that don't know any better. The hacking community is not about deliverance, and if you go around expecting that hacks will be given to you you're going to get eaten alive.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Just to people like you that don't know any better. The hacking community is not about deliverance, and if you go around expecting that hacks will be given to you you're going to get eaten alive.

That isn't like this at all. He basically just posted "Hey, an exploit exists, but I'm not releasing it." which not only doesn't help a hacker whom would be willing to release it, it also just seems like a way of boosting his credentials like he did something when he may as well have done nothing at all.

Then again, I don't know this guy's reputation, so maybe he really did do it. Either way, it means absolutely nothing to everyone.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Rydian said:
Tonitonichopchop said:

That isn't like this at all. He basically just posted "Hey, an exploit exists, but I'm not releasing it." which not only doesn't help a hacker whom would be willing to release it, it also just seems like a way of boosting his credentials like he did something when he may as well have done nothing at all.

Then again, I don't know this guy's reputation, so maybe he really did do it. Either way, it means absolutely nothing to everyone.
you're wrong what he did was let everyone else know it's possible now someone else who doesn't mind getting in trouble with sony knows it's there can find and release it.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
there are most likely private exploits
for most for the system out now

as for the ps3 exploit
he know sony is going after ANYONE that is posting Major hacks and keys for the ps3
that is why he is NOT posting his exploit

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
It means nothing to you because you're not a hacker.

You think this information will help a hacker? He didn't even give an ounce of info how to do it, so if someone was also trying to find the exploit before him, then this won't be giving them any clues. Maybe a bit of motivation if anything.

Rydian said:
You're just mad he's not releasing it.

I don't own a PS3 yet, so I hardly see a reason to get upset.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 7 2011, 02:53 AM)
You should stop thinking that way.

I'm a bit curious to know what you mean by this.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
Rydian said:
It means nothing to you because you're not a hacker.

You think this information will help a hacker? He didn't even give an ounce of info how to do it, so if someone was also trying to find the exploit before him, then this won't be giving them any clues. Maybe a bit of motivation if anything.

How 'bout hackers who aren't looking there and you said yourself motivation.

Rydian said:

That is it doesn't mean nothing if you can't do nothing with it.

Others may be able to.

QUOTE(Eckin @ Mar 6 2011, 08:10 PM)
Why not release it as Anonymous instead of tweeting about it?
'Cause Sony have ways to find this "anonymous" person.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
You think this information will help a hacker? He didn't even give an ounce of info how to do it, so if someone was also trying to find the exploit before him, then this won't be giving them any clues. Maybe a bit of motivation if anything.This information will help a hacker because they now know there is an exploit. When it comes to projects that can take weeks or months, motivation is key. If it's thought there's no hole in the first place then why would somebody potentially waste their time? However if it's confirmd by a very well-known hacker that a hole exists in that version, that's all the reason other hackers need to try to find it.

Tonitonichopchop said:
I don't own a PS3 yet, so I hardly see a reason to get upset.That doesn't explain why you're upset.

Tonitonichopchop said:
QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 7 2011, 02:53 AM)
Thinking you know how hackers think and work when you haven't a clue is the minor point, but the main point is being mad when somebody doesn't release a hack, as if they owe you. This is gotten off the guy's twitter, I'm pretty sure you'd get upset if people started being angry at YOU for something you posted.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
RoboticBuddy said:
Eckin said:
Why not release it as Anonymous instead of tweeting about it?
same thing I was thinking.
[*](Well-Known Hacker): There's an exploit.
(People): Cool, there's an exploit!

[*](Anonymous): There's an exploit.
(People): Whatever, fucking liar poser newbie faker.
It's like you all don't even realize how you act sometimes... this is the shit many people on this very forum do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended