Hacking Hacked Wii U back in 2017..

Krappadizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as title says. I hacked my Wii U back in 2017. I have Haxchi on it and a bunch of Wii/Wii U games. I have the homebrew launcher on there as well and I'm pretty sure it's CBHC.

My questions essentially are:

1) Do I need to update Haxchi or Homebrew for anything? When I click on Homebrew app, it just shows bubbles, I need to refresh as to how it works I guess.

2) If I don't need to update, will I be able to add Nintendont+injector? If so, any good tutorials anyone could suggest?

3) Is it still fine to have CBHC? I'm pretty sure that's what I have installed, but it's been so long I'm not quite sure how to tell, I know on initial startup, it loads a black screen real quick and then eventually Wii U menu and I can play added/modded games right away.

4) with Nintendont+injector, do I also need to install vWii?

Appreciate the help and sorry if it comes across as redundant questions. Actually really excited to get back into my Wii U. Unboxed it all these years later ready to jump in and found the screen cracked, after ordering a replacement screen and spending about 2 hours, I got it installed(pain in the ass ribbon cables!!) But it got me all giddy to play my Wii U again and I'm not even sure exactly where I left everything off. I would ALMOST prefer to start fresh, but have read many places that resetting could brick my Wii U, so I'm fine with updating as needed, just not quite sure where to start?! Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Krappadizzle,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I have the homebrew launcher on there as well and I'm pretty sure it's CBHC.
The homebrew launcher is the homebrew launcher. Not cbhc ;)

Do I need to update Haxchi or Homebrew for anything?
Not really. Never change a running system i would say xD

will I be able to add Nintendont+injector?
Yes.

Is it still fine to have CBHC?
CBHC is a nice gimmick. But not a must have.

I'm pretty sure that's what I have installed, but it's been so long I'm not quite sure how to tell
Do you see an "Autobooting..." screen when you power on the wii u? If yes, it is cbhc. If not, it isn't.

do I also need to install vWii?
You can't install that manually. The vwii is a part from the wii u. Integrated. There is a channel to boot into it through the wii u os.

Krappadizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The homebrew launcher is the homebrew launcher. Not cbhc ;)
So I do have CHBC installed then as it does say autobooting when first powering on. And I won't worry about updating Haxchii or anything. I guess really the only thing I need to do is install Nintendon't+injector. Well, that and back up my Nand seeing as I don't have it backed up anymore after a full reformat of my PC. Thank you for the info. I've literally forgotten everything I did to my Wii U back then, hard to believe it's been almost 5 years since I hacked it.

Also, do you know why when I launch my homebrew channel on the Wii U menu it just shows me bubbles floating up and playing some nice jams for music?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably have nothing in wiiu/apps then. it will show nothing, just bubbles if there's no homebrew on the sd card. you're probably good with cbhc. it will say the version when you boot up the system. 1.6 I believe is the latest.

Krappadizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you probably have nothing in wiiu/apps then. it will show nothing, just bubbles if there's no homebrew on the sd card. you're probably good with cbhc. it will say the version when you boot up the system. 1.6 I believe is the latest.
Yes that's what it say's 1.6. So another problem I ran into is that I had a thumbdrive installed on the Wii U that I guess held my games and Haxchii. I booted up without that thumbdrive in as I had it hooked to my PC, well, Haxchii was gone as well as the homebrew channel from the Wii U menu. It still does the autoboot 1.6 and I can hold the menu button down on the gamepad when it boots up, to access a menu. What should I do to get Haxchii on the menu and the Homebrew channel back on their?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't need haxchi if you have cbhc. cbhc is better anyway. boot into the homebrew channel by pressing home when it says "autobooting," then go into wup installer gx to install a homebrew launch forwarder and other forwarders to make things easier.

Reactions: Krappadizzle

Krappadizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't need haxchi if you have cbhc. cbhc is better anyway. boot into the homebrew channel by pressing home when it says "autobooting," then go into wup installer gx to install a homebrew launch forwarder and other forwarders to make things easier.
Ok, after a little more investigation, I have the Homebrew launcher channel on the Wii U that does nothing but show bubbles and play music, I put Nintendont on my SD Card(formatted to FAT32) but nothing shows, when I hold the home button down when booting I have the options:

Boot System Menu
Boot Homebrew Launcher
Boot Mocha CFW
Boot fw.img on SD card
Boot vWii System Menu
Boot vWii Homebrew Channel
Autoboot: System Menu(which can be cycled through)

When I click boot Homebrew Launcher I get a black screen with -5 code and just the Wii U backround music. What should I do?

Krappadizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So I'm not seeing wupgxinstaller in the Homebrew channel. I have the wupgx2_install_channel_v1.3_rev21 folder installed on the root as per the instructions, but it just plain doesn't show up at all. I also put it in the install folder that is saved on the root of the SD card and that doesn't show up either. Any ideas?

edit:

Belay all that. I got it installed. SO many different "guides" and they can all say minor variations of the same thing. Thanks for your time and sorry to bug ya.

Next step for me is figuring out how to get Nintendon't working. I feel like I'm almost at the finish line!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendon't iirc, games go in games folder and saves in saves folder. saves are raw images, but you can have each game have their own (I don't. all of my saves are part of one of those big memory card images). I can't recall how to get wii gc saves over, but I remember using dolphin to create the image of the memory card. it's probably easier now. games can be named anything now with newer nintendon'ts afaik, but I think a two-disc game must still be named disc2.iso like this (I think you can ignore the sys folder. that might be for diosmios, which is an old way to run cube games:

upload_2021-4-9_17-49-10.png

Reactions: Krappadizzle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1