Homebrew hacked wii to wii u transfer

coolmario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the Wii will not transfer the homebrew channel. But I have a few worries that I want to get of my mind so I will ask here:

I got Homebrew channel on Wii through smashstack, and I am scared it might not work.(The Transfer)
(I don't have stuff like bootmii or dvdx installed.)

Will it work for sure? If I get rid of the homebrew channel before transfer it will transfer the data right, with no problems?

*Will transferring from a wii that had homebrew void the warranty of the warrent of the Wii U

Thanks.
(Sorry If I posted in the wrong section,I am new here)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Your black text is very hard to read on the dark theme, please change it.
It won't affect your transfer and anything that's not installed by official means won't be transferred.
I suggest doing a NAND backup beforehand as everything will be erased from the Wii.

coolmario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your black text is very hard to read on the dark theme, please change it.
It won't affect your transfer and anything that's not installed by official means won't be transferred.
I suggest doing a NAND backup beforehand as everything will be erased from the Wii.

Ok, so I need bootmii to do NAND backups right? Can I run the transfer with bootmii installed?

Also sorry about the black text, I copied it from another forum. I came and posted it here because no one was answering there.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this brings me to another question, if I backup the NAND and do a softmodded wii to wii u transfer, and then restore NAND (along with the games wad's etc) on said wii will this bring me back to my old softmodded wii? or will I need to reinstall everything?

also I'm having troubles copying saves from an old wii to vWii. I went through and played all the games to create a save, but my savegame manager won't let me copy.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
this brings me to another question, if I backup the NAND and do a softmodded wii to wii u transfer, and then restore NAND (along with the games wad's etc) on said wii will this bring me back to my old softmodded wii? or will I need to reinstall everything?

also I'm having troubles copying saves from an old wii to vWii. I went through and played all the games to create a save, but my savegame manager won't let me copy.
The answer to the first question should be obvious if you use your head. A NAND backup is a full backup of your Wii system memory.

Use Savegame Manager GX to copy your saves, it ignores nocopy flags and should be able to copy saves without you needing to play them once first. I was unable to copy some saves to vWii from data management as they have the nocopy flag and there is no Priiloader so there is no way to ignore the flag.

I also have a quick question, if I install dios mios, will I still be able to transfer?
I see no reason why not. The transfer does not transfer or touch IOSes and other system titles.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer to the first question should be obvious if you use your head. A NAND backup is a full backup of your Wii system memory.

Use Savegame Manager GX to copy your saves, it ignores nocopy flags and should be able to copy saves without you needing to play them once first. I was unable to copy some saves to vWii from data management as they have the nocopy flag and there is no Priiloader so there is no way to ignore the flag.

I see no reason why not. The transfer does not transfer or touch IOSes and other system titles.

okay, thanks man. just wanted to be sure.

coolmario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thank you for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1