Hacked Wii channels: Streetpass Mii Plaza channel on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Normand 3D, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Normand 3D
    OP

Normand 3D Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    Nonya, Gao, Mali
    Newbie here! By the way I do sincerely ask that u please bare with me grammar and spelling isn't perfect I already kno so don't bother telling me.

I always wondered... Is it possible to hack the Wii or Wii U in Wiimode if u have Homebrew in Wiimode which I do. So I can get Streetpass Mii Plaza and a specific channel for it?

I tried googling it but, I guess no ones attempted it.

I was a little dissapointed to find out the Wii U gamepad isn't conpletely portable like the 3DS! During the beginning I thought it would be ): like we could see cross platform Streetpass hits between consoles!

Being able to see whether its from 3DS or Wii U and what different games were played from each console.

But now the only way I kno that can happen is if someone was able to hack the Wii and revise Streetpass Mii Plaza a bit and add cross platform functionality between Wii and 3DS games. I'm not sure how Wii icons can be supported. But I would love to be able to get a Streetpass Hit from my home console everyday even if time intervals is every 4 hours.

I have another question: Would u still need to created a Spotpass channel first b4 this can work or do u Have an idea of how to make it work without Spotpass?

2. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Quick answer: Nope.

Long answer: The rest of this thread.

3. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    not even remotely...

4. Normand 3D
    OP

Normand 3D Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    Nonya, Gao, Mali
    R u guys hackers? How is it impossible to recreate the Streetpass Mii Plaza into a Wii channel? I wanna kno all the complications and details that goes into this now I'm really interested!

5. Isaac

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    A few people here yes are hackers, Maybe more than a few. But technically this is an underground gaming forum, not a hacking forum.

6. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    There's many many reasons why it won't happen, but here's a good starting point:
    -The 3DS has an ARM processor
    -The Wii and WiiU have PowerPC processors

They don't have the same processor architecture. Without the source code there's nothing you can do except try to emulate it. The Wii/WiiU don't have the resources to emulate a 3DS (not that the 3DS is even capable of being emulated).

7. Normand 3D
    OP

Normand 3D Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    Nonya, Gao, Mali
    Oooh thats why. Thank u that what was interesting to kno! I feel totally educated! (: So, I guess it sux I'll never get Streetpass Mii Plaza in Wiimode for my Wii U. But I liked what I learned today thanx guys! (: Um... Is there some things that can be made as a channel for the Wiimode from 3DS?