Hacking Hacked wii 4.3 U disk wants to system update

starwarsfan541

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have hacked my black wii 4.3, with the letter bomb hack, I have installed cIOS in 249 and 250 as well as the trucha bug and riivloution, is it safe to upgrade, or, can I use riivolution to launch my games to bypass the wii disk channel?

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be no need to upgrade. I believe the system upgrades were designed, primarily, to remove/prevent modding.

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
I wont install priiloader, I don't want to screw up and brick my wii. If I update to a newer cios, would that fix it?
Priiloader is the only way to prevent updates directly in the system menu and it won't brick your Wii as it is designed to protect from bricks.
Edit : ninja'd :D

You can follow this simple tutorial to install it. Then, enable the appropriate hack. There is not risk to install it if you follow these instructions and if you don't use some old versions.

Wiip™

Worth a penny.
Trophies
XP
Country
Always the latest, 7 thus.

EDIT: Forgot some quick explanation,
You should always use the latest version (Unless stated that you should not) because of the possible bugs in the older versions.

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you should make a nand backup for THIS Wii, if it were to brick, the nand backup from another wii would not help you.

Download ModMii, install it, run the ModMii wizard, when asked, tell it that you're wii has not already been modded in order for it to get ALL your softmods up to date. The first step of your custom guide will be to install bootmii and make a nand backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: