Hacking Hacked wads and Wii Store/Nintendo Channel...

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is set up with the Twilight hack, Homebrew Channel, CIOS, and DVDX all installed. I've done some research, and I've come up with mixed answers. I have some wads installed with the WAD Installer, as well as CIOS and DVDX installed, is it safe to load up the Wii Store, Nintendo Channel, or play online? I'm fairly certain online is okay since I played online with a hacked Dr. Mario and I was okay, but I just like to be cautious. I also deleted the wads by removing the channel from Wii's setup menu, should I use another program to remove any more evidence of the wads being on my Wii before opening up the store or Nintendo Channel? Sorry if this has been asked before, and I'm sure it has been, I swear I searched and didn't find what I was looking for.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
you need to uninstall wads with wad manager or wad uninstaller else they still leave the ticket on your wii. but yeah you are allright playing online and going to the wii store, but i don't know about the nintendo channel if you let them see what you play...

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the channels and I don't have the original wads that I installed with before, is there a way to still remove the tickets and any evidence of them being on the Wii? Are save files safe to keep? I'm just talking about future reference for now, I doubt they'll find me and do anything but if I ever need to send this in for repairs or anything, I'd like to know just in case.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
i don't know about the save files, but if you redownload the wads then you can uninstall them without installing them...

My problem is that I can't remember where I got the wads from, so they may be different dumps than the ones I have installed. It's fine though, I'll figure it out, I was just afraid of getting bricked if my brother or someone comes along and opens up the Wii Store on my Wii with all this modded crap sitting in the menu. Thanks for the help.

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have about 4-5 dumped VC games on my Wii and go to Nintendo Channel almost everyday, and to Shopping Channel several times without any problem.

If you want to delete all the ticket, use the Anytitle Deleter, but it is not easy to use and quite dangerous.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, use Anytitle Deleter 1.0 wich you can find at wiibrew.org

make sure you know what you are doing, go to downloaded channels,

make sure you check one of the title-id databases (We have one here at gbatemp)
to delete the right ticket

you dont need the original wad that way

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, thanks for the tips. I'll remove the tickets from older hacked channels that way and use the wad uninstaller from now on rather than deleting them like I would any other channel.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
why bothher trying it and risking bricking your wii cause of you uninstalled something that did mather... you could better redownload, and no, it doesn't matter where you got them from, cause it will all have the same title... unless you mean custom vc games. those do mather, cause everybody has made other tickets for the games...

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
why bothher trying it and risking bricking your wii cause of you uninstalled something that did mather... you could better redownload, and no, it doesn't matter where you got them from, cause it will all have the same title... unless you mean custom vc games. those do mather, cause everybody has made other tickets for the games...

this is how misinformation gets started,
FGOD, I know you didn't mean it though

Anytitle Deleter has extensive brick protection (read at wiibrew if you are curious) and has not had one reported brick
it also allows you to see all tickets in the order they were installed on your system,
starting with the most recent, and you can use it to easily delete and cIOS or Hidden Channel (such as DVDx)
everyone should learn to use it, it is simple and safe.

you can possibly delete noncritical IOS, and Weather/News channel,
all of which you can easily get back by running any commercial game (so long as you do not have any update blocker turned on, like starfall)

anything that is even kind of critical, it warns you before I believe.

just stay away from BOOT2, MIOS, BC, anything that begins with a "." and any IOS that you arent sure is custom,
and you won't even have that problem

you can even erase your played games history, I believe, because it is saved in the ?second? grouping....Games that use channels or something

so yes, anytitle deleter is a good proggie, just like anyregion changer.
both created with forethought.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used AnyTitle along with the title-ID list and removed all the keys for past channels and it worked fine, my Wii is safe. However, where's the option to uninstall WADs in WAD manager? I have the same WAD I used to install Pop, but when I click the WAD in WAD Manager I don't see an option to uninstall, it just asks if I want to install it again. Maybe I missed something obvious.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
I just used AnyTitle along with the title-ID list and removed all the keys for past channels and it worked fine, my Wii is safe. However, where's the option to uninstall WADs in WAD manager? I have the same WAD I used to install Pop, but when I click the WAD in WAD Manager I don't see an option to uninstall, it just asks if I want to install it again. Maybe I missed something obvious.

QUOTE(fly_us @ Sep 23 2008, 05:35 PM) wad manager does have uninstall option. just press - to uninstall while press + to install.

yes, this is true, but if there was still data (like an installed channel),
and THEN you removed the title-ID with Anytitle Deleter...all data is already gone...

you don't need wad manager for removal at this point
it wont hurt to use it tho, so go ahead!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...