Hacking Hacked Vita - How Can I Still Buy Axoim Verge

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title says it all. I would like to buy this game - how do I do this but not lose my hack? I don't believe backups work. I bought this on steam already too.

MavenAZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but it won't boot if you aren't in 3.65
Hello,

All you have to do is spoof 3.65 to buy it on PSN. Then, the game will boot because it does not require FW higher than 3.60.

I have done this myself. Actually, one of the only reasons I even stick on 3.60 is for overclocking. Be aware, this game does not work with the OC plugin. I have tried numerous times without luck.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Correct, the game boots on 3.60, the only reason we don't have non-legit versions of the game is because it's undumpable, not because it requires a higher firmware.

Does anybody even know what is it that it makes it undumpable?

I remember something about the dumped eboot not being dumped right. Is it possible this game had more advanced AP than sony's 1st party titles?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would like to know what makes this game (and any other for that matter) "undumpable". Can someone please explain more in a more detailed way? (technically speaking is welcome).

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah me too ! And what about Darkest dungeon for example, is firm > 3.60 needed ? And why is there no way to bypass.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yeah me too ! And what about Darkest dungeon for example, is firm > 3.60 needed ? And why is there no way to bypass.
Games that require higher firmwares probably rely on services only present in the higher firmware. Or maybe expect certain memory locations or something that changed with the firmware update. I don't know. But if it isn't a simple flag check (that we can spoof to say it is 3.65) I don't think it is something that we can get around (unless Vita gets emuNAND).

Reactions: barak06

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody even know what is it that it makes it undumpable?

I remember something about the dumped eboot not being dumped right. Is it possible this game had more advanced AP than sony's 1st party titles?
It's something with the way Maidump (and Vitamin) dump games, that's about all I really know. I doubt it has anything to do with Anti-piracy, it's more than likely the dumpers themselves which are the issue (as they're not exactly "clean", so to speak). It's similar to the reason why some games couldn't be dumped on Vitamin v1, but Vitamin 2 can.

I would like to know what makes this game (and any other for that matter) "undumpable". Can someone please explain more in a more detailed way? (technically speaking is welcome).
Games that require 3.61 or higher are undumpable because they use different encryption keys. Sony essentially "changed the locks", so the old keys on 3.60 can't decrypt the eboot and the game can't be played. The problem with some 3.60 or lower games being undumpable is, as I mentioned above, simply because the dumpers are missing some sort of function that results in an error in being dumped.

Reactions: MavenAZ

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's quite annoying when a PS Vita game you've purchased is 3.60+ but its japanese release is 3.60. I do hope the PS Vita hacking community can eventually find a workaround, even if it's just being able to play the legit games/carts.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's something with the way Maidump (and Vitamin) dump games, that's about all I really know. I doubt it has anything to do with Anti-piracy, it's more than likely the dumpers themselves which are the issue (as they're not exactly "clean", so to speak). It's similar to the reason why some games couldn't be dumped on Vitamin v1, but Vitamin 2 can.

Games that require 3.61 or higher are undumpable because they use different encryption keys. Sony essentially "changed the locks", so the old keys on 3.60 can't decrypt the eboot and the game can't be played. The problem with some 3.60 or lower games being undumpable is, as I mentioned above, simply because the dumpers are missing some sort of function that results in an error in being dumped.

Oh OK, I understand. That might be also the reason why version spoofing doesn't work when trying to play 3.60+ games using Henkaku/TaiHen. Thanks!

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
revisiting this b/c game is on sale. So I can spook my vita so I can log online with it, buy from psn and then return back to normal? Best tutorial for spoof? thanks

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Logging in to PSN no longer works, your account will likely be deactivated and you won't be a legitimate to play the game.

However, a new way to play pirated games is being worked on and is mostly finished, which will allow for clean dumps, meaning Axiom Verge will run without issue once the method is fully released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night